Popular Tags: [View All]
JOE LIBRANDI
United States
Peoria
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Effects of the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk:

5. AP and CP units cannot attack any RU units, and cannot enter any RU-controlled spaces or regions as a result of Movement or Combat.

Does this restriction include RU-controlled spaces in Germany and Austro-Hungary?

8. All supplied GE LCUs must immediately SR, at no OPS cost, to Brandenburg. (They must be able to trace an SR Route.) After that, only one GE LCU can exit Brandenburg by Movement or SR each turn until AP units attack or move into a space or region in Germany (after which, the number of GE LCUs that can exit Brandenburg by Movement or SR each turn is unlimited.)

Does this pertain to GE units is Russia only or to every GE LCU on the map?

Also, German Reinforcement card #14 shows XXXIX Res Inf Corps. I can't find that counter. Am I missing the XXXIX Res Inf Corps, or is that a misprint?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any particular reason why you want to make exceptions?

As written, I think it's safe to say it includes all Ru-controlled spaces and all Ge LCUs.
The counter is included, there are images of the countersheets here.
A "Russian War Material shortage" counter, which is missing on the card, is not included in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JOE LIBRANDI
United States
Peoria
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicholas M wrote:

As written, I think it's safe to say it includes all Ru-controlled spaces and all Ge LCUs.
A "Russian War Material shortage" counter, which is missing on the card, is not included in the game.

I asked because it just seems a little weird that the Germans can't retake empty VP spaces in their own country.

It also seemed weird that ALL German units on the map had to relocate to Brandenburg. The Russian units only had to relocate to spaces in Russia.

Plus it wouldn't be the first time that there might have been mistakes in the rules.

Thanks for clearing it up for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, in order for the AP to play Brest-Litovsk, the CP needs to player November Coups first. So both players need to want to make it possible.
Somewhere I read a thematic justification (no clue where), that this simulates that the German LCUs are needed for the Western Front.

There are multiple ways to get German LCUs back into the action - disassemble, move, reassemble or just Replacement points to build new units.
I also think it is highly unlikely that Brest-Litovsk will occur.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JOE LIBRANDI
United States
Peoria
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicholas M wrote:

Check out my previous post and the answer to my questions by the designer.

BIG difference in what's written in the rulebook and the actual interpretation of the rule(s) for the Treaty of Brest Litovsk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I saw that. Silly of me to assume, that this part of the rules, which takes heavy emphasis on "spaces in Russia" etc, actually mean what they say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.