John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2 issues:

- the card-holders that came with my deluxe edition are worthless; def not "deep" enough to hold the cards...i'd sleeved the cards already before trying them out, with zero luck...so i took a few out of the sleeves with the same results (cards would not stand)...even tried my Scrabble tile holders, and they didn't work either

- but, more importantly...we did run 6 races/rounds (2 complete games) and out of those 6 races only 5-6 creatures (total) ever even made it to the finish line...with six players we're each supposed to only start with 6 cards each, leaving many cards "out of play"...now after each race we could "rank" them all 1-6 based on where they were on the track when the cards ran out, but it seems to me that instead of only a few creatures ever crossing the finish line the game should have had maybe just a few creatures who never cross the line...we had at least 2 races/rounds where none of them crossed...and we were using/playing the "dirty tricks" quite often (the bonus +3 normally)...again, it just seems like (for example) the game would have been much better if each player in a 6p game maybe started with 8 cards instead...

but, other than these 2 issues, the mechanics of the game are fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Deluxe card holders aren't great, but it was mostly functional for me. Cards fell out a few times, but for the most part they did their job.

It's funny to me how much of an issue it is for people to have a race where the finish line is never crossed. It's a race of standing. You would lose some strategy if the cards didn't get to finish out, the finish line is kind of arbitrary. Just imagine that the race finished out as it stood at that point in time. You can make each God/Creature trot across the finish line in order as you place them in standing if it makes you feel better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.