Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Crowley
United Kingdom
Arundel
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mb
I have backed this project and am pleased to see it doing so well but there is an aspect which is puzzling me a little.

Looking at the online charts and rules, there does not appear to be an option to cause units to be suppressed or pinned. Instead units, subjected to fire, will jump from no effect to taking losses/routing with nothing in between.

It strikes me that this could have a significant impact on close assault situations. Units in highly protective terrain (trenches, buildings etc), in other war-game systems, are typically fired on in order to suppress them prior to a close assault.

In the war storm system, as I understand it, you would have to have very high fire values in order to have some chance of causing a step loss or close assault with very high numbers of troops.

Or have I misinterpreted the rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Eskubi
Spain
Bilbao
Vizcaya
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi James,

Thanks so much for your support!

You are right, don't have suppression and pinning, because our idea was to design a simple rules for all kind players, novices and grognards. Therefore although add rules for suppression and pinning it meant adding other rules on other issues that would complicate more the game and we designed the system without those rules, we see them more for a more tactical game like ASL for example, at less is our opinion.

Regarding how difficult it is to make casualties, I think you are wrong. Not sure if you just have read the 1 section of the Standard Rules uploaded in the Kickstarter Campaig, if yes, when you receive the game, you will see in the following chapters the mortars, artillery and AFVs to shoot or make armor assaults and infantry assaults, also if you shoot to places where there are 6 steps you have modifiers in your favor and try to catch the enemy moving by the sites that give less protection by having companies with platoon in "Reaction" (oportunity fire). buildings and forests are hard to assault but you can coordinate two companies that will make your job easier and if you have the support of artillery, AFs, aviation etc, better everything becomes easier. Also counts the tactics that each player uses to be a game that uses a system of simultaneous actions called "WE GO”, a turn-based and real–time hybrid where players will alternate the activation of units.

Hope make sense, if have any question, just let me know.

Cheers
Niko

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ADDA Marc
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
Niko3 wrote:
Also counts the tactics that each player uses to be a game that uses a system of simultaneous actions called "WE GO”, a turn-based and real–time hybrid where players will alternate the activation of units.

It is more a system with semi-simultaneous , or alternate, actions. Players don't act simultaneously. But the idea is there.

Marc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.