Popular Tags: [View All]
Nacho CR
Germany
Hamburg
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a small doubt about the following play.

The Jihadist play [90] Quagmire. Quagmire text says "US randomly discards 2 cards. Playable jihadist events on them happen. US Posture to soft".

The US discards randomly 2 cards, being one of them [120] US Election. This is a special "neutral" card, whose event is mandatory to happen. Does this mean that in this case being one of the discarded cards, the US election happen even when it's not explicitly a jihadist playable card? I'd say no, but not 100% sure.

And in the case US election happened, the US posture switch to soft from Quagmire has to happen after the US election, right? No chance of having the election after the posture switch. cool

Thanks
N
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It’s not a Jihadist event, so it doesn’t happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
West Ward Hough
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would trigger US election even though it is not explicitly a jihadist card. US Election is a special case that always triggers on being discarded.

Rules wrote:
6.3.2.3 Use of a card with a friendly or unassociated event for
operations—or discard of any card—does not trigger the event
(EXCEPTION: US Election).

As for the order, I believe they happen sequentially as written. 2 cards are discarded and the events on them happen (which besides US election, could have impacts on Posture), and then the US Posture goes to soft.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Aslett

Houston
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
West Ward Hough is correct. Resolve any Jihadist events and US election as sequentially played and then US posture to soft at the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.