Popular Tags: [View All]
Sylvain Martel
Canada
Stoneham
Qc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some months ago I saw a post with a link to a wargame store that was selling empty boxes to store ziplock wargames(the box looked identical to Columbia Games boxes)

Of course, I can't find the link anymore. I found older threads, but most links point to 404 or products that no longer exist.

So, anyone can share where they get their boxes for ziplock games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JPotter
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I enjoy designing / manufacturing game components and upgrades. Got a project? PM!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread?

Dressing up magazine games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Hansen
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is what I use:

Aviditi M1182 Corrugated Literature Mailer, 11-1/8" Length x 8-3/4" Width x 2" Height, Oyster White (Bundle of 50)

I imagine you could google the brand name and type to find a retailer you want to order from. I purchased that bundle of 50 off Amazon US for around $50 with Prime Shipping. So $1 each. They are the perfect size (length and width) to hold magazines, folded maps, etc. And the 2in height allows me to fit a counter tray (including DVG's deep dish) in the box along with the magazine, map, etc. I then label the sides and fronts of the boxes, so they look like this:

And on my shelf they look like this:

• [+] Dice rolls
Len K
United States
Westford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You were expecting something witty?
mbmbmbmbmb
In the past I have used the folding boxes mentioned above (also available at Staples), but recently I've been hooked on these professional looking boxes from printplaygames.com:

https://www.printplaygames.com/product/blank-boxes-boxes-wit...

I get the 8.75" x 11.25 x 1.25" or sometimes the 9.20" x 11.25 x 1.25". These are great for folio games as they usually don't need much depth. You can order them blank, or for an extra charge even have them printed for you.

For thicker games, GMT sells blank boxes (both 2" and 3" deep) but they're not usually listed on the web site; email them first and tell them how many you'd like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brooks
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wtjBatman wrote:

Aviditi M1182 Corrugated Literature Mailer, 11-1/8" Length x 8-3/4" Width x 2" Height, Oyster White (Bundle of 50)

These look great -- just wish they had same form factor but 1" to 1.5" range for the height - these magazine games just don't need to take up that much shelf space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JPotter
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I enjoy designing / manufacturing game components and upgrades. Got a project? PM!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainCaveman wrote:
wtjBatman wrote:

These look great -- just wish they had same form factor but 1" to 1.5" range for the height - these magazine games just don't need to take up that much shelf space.

Try ordering candy boxes from Wildcat ....

12-1/16" x 9-7/16" x 1-1/8" Candy Boxes ... $1.49ea, min/multiples of 25
Available in matte kraft, gloss white, gloss black, gloss red, gloss gold
http://www.wildcatwholesale.com/ProductCart/pc/2-LB-12-1-16-...

They are fantastic and delivered quick.

No candy included tho

EDIT ... url corrected (thx scott!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the actual full URL:

http://www.wildcatwholesale.com/ProductCart/pc/2-LB-12-1-16-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.