Dead Man's Doubloons» Forums » General

Subject: Island Adventure pack/tokens and tiles not part of retail? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They are not listed as KS-exclusive and are not in the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Should be. It's not exclusive. And it is in the latest rulebook. You can find it here: https://thundergryph.com/dead-mans-doubloons/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The shell and totem tokens are not in my game (or in the rulebook, despite being on the KS page).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miceli
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Dead Man's Doubloons
mbmbmbmbmb
badmojo wrote:
The shell and totem tokens are not in my game (or in the rulebook, despite being on the KS page).

I'm not sure what version of the game you have, but that doesn't seem possible. The alternate island adventure, and all associated tokens, should be in every copy of the game. And the rules are towards the end of the rulebook (they actually take up a good 2 or 3 pages). Can you please take and post a picture of the rulebook that you have in hand? Before you get to the glossary section, there should absolutely be a few pages about the alternate island.

Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok, posting pic's later today. I got an ordinary edition, not the deluxe version.

For clarity, the rules are there for the island tiles in the rule book and the tiles with shells etc are in the box so that's fine, but not the two wooden tokens shown in the KS (the white shell and the yellow totem pole) - not sure if they were scrapped or are represented by the tiles instead (which I got a number of from the punchboards).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gonab/dead-mans-doubloo...

The ** next to the picture of them states "work in progress", so I guess that's it?
Just curious of if I am missing something + sorry for causing any confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miceli
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Dead Man's Doubloons
mbmbmbmbmb
badmojo wrote:
Ok, posting pic's later today. I got an ordinary edition, not the deluxe version.

For clarity, the rules are there for the island tiles in the rule book and the tiles with shells etc are in the box so that's fine, but not the two wooden tokens shown in the KS (the white shell and the yellow totem pole) - not sure if they were scrapped or are represented by the tiles instead (which I got a number of from the punchboards).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gonab/dead-mans-doubloo...

The ** next to the picture of them states "work in progress", so I guess that's it?
Just curious of if I am missing something + sorry for causing any confusion.

Ahh that makes more sense now! Yes, those were just ideas at the time, as the island, its rules, and necessary components had not yet been ironed out. In the end we went with cardboard tokens for those, since I wanted to have different images on the backs (to allow for the dynamic nature of that module that I intended from a game design perspective). In the end, it sounds like you have everything you should!

Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.