Hide
4 Posts

Blood Rage» Forums » Variants

Subject: Blood Rage idea : "Carnage card pack" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrice Piron
msg tools
I like this game but I would like a bit more strategic variation in how to upgrade some units : Leader, Warriors, and Ship.

For example actual Warrior Upgardes are only STR improvement, Ship Upgrades are all made to win Glory when ship is destroyed.

That's why I imaginated for fun a little card pack I called "Carnage". For fun, that's true but maybe the author could be interesting ! The advantage of this idea is that is not expansive to produce !

What do you think about it ?

The Carnage card list (1 copy per card) :

Age I

Feared Fighter - Leader Upgrade - 2+ - STR 3
If you win a battle in which your Leader participate, each opponents must chose one dead figure and put it next to Valhalla

Tireless hunters - Warrior Upgrade - 2+ - STR 1
For each ennemy Leader killed in battle in which your warriors participate, gain 1 Rage.

Lords of the sea - Ship Upgrade - 3+ - STR 2
Once per age, if you successfully pillage a province adjacent to your ship, you can move it to another fjord.

Sacrificial feast! - Quest - 4+ - 4 Glory
When revealed destroy one of your figure to raise one of your clan stats by 1. If played as a Battle card, add +3 STR.

Tyr's Chosen - Clan Upgrade - 5+ - 1 Rage
Add 1 mystic to your reserve. Your mystics have now STR +1.

Age II

Beloved Jarl - Leader Upgrade - 2+ - STR 3
If you lose your Leader in a battle, you may invade that province with up to 2 warriors for free.

Lords of the fjords - Ship Upgrade - 2+ - STR 2*
Your ship have now STR +1.

Giant trackers - Warrior Upgrade - 3+ - STR 1*
*Each pair of your warriors in a province is 3 total STR. For each ennemy monster killed in battle in which your warriors participate, gain 2 Glory.

Sacrificial feast! - Quest - 4+ - 6 Glory
When revealed destroy one of your figure to raise one of your clan stats by 1. If played as a Battle card, add +4 STR.

Loki's Chosen - Clan Upgrade - 5+ - 1 Rage
Add up to 2 mystics to your reserve.

Age III

Dragon slayers - Warrior Upgrade - 2+ - STR 2
Your warriors are now 2 STR. For each ennemy ship detroyed in battle in which your warriors participate, raise one of your clan stats by 1.

Lords of the Rivers - Ship Upgrade - 2+ - STR 2
You count the STR of your ship during a battle on Yggdrasil (it can be destroyed if the battle is lost)

King of Battlefields - Leader Upgrade - 3+ - STR 3*
Your Leader have now STR +2.

Sacrificial feast! - Quest - 4+ - 8 Glory
When revealed destroy one of your figure to raise one of your clan stats by 1. If played as a Battle card, add +5 STR.

Heimdall's Chosen - Clan Upgrade - 5+ - 1 Rage
Add 1 mystic to your reserve. If one of your mystics participate to a battle, opponents reveal their battle cards first.

To see the complete card list with new cards :
http://www.estheral.com/BloodRage/Blood_Rage_Carnage.xlsx

Tanks to read me.
Sorry fo my english !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Admins, please move from General to Variants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeffrey james
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I really like this idea.
More variety in which cards come out would enhance the game in my opinion.

- If anyone puts these into card graphic form, I will print these and attach them to extra cards from the multi-language cards that came with the 5th player expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvio Z
Brazil
Curitiba
ParanĂ¡
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I like this idea a lot, multiple upgrades would force you to choose which is best at the drafting moment, and it would certainly bring more pressure in this moment of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.