Jeremiah Johnson
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
I am planning on modifying my Airport Landmarks to require more landmarks be built before the Airport can provide income. I don't want to just remove Airport, I don't want to take away the source of late game income, I just want to remove the ability to make it the first purchase, which in my group has been a strategy unmatched by any "normal" play, such that the only real way to compete is also adopt the Airport-first strategy. Everybody winds up sitting on a single die until someone gets their airport up, and then it's a really short race to the endgame. Not fun.

I'd originally considered making three landmarks necessary, for a total of four, in order to have the Airport produce income but I would rather encourage out-of-order building strategies than just push it back to the 16 coins necessary on top of the airport. I know a lot of people just make it so you have to build the landmarks in order, but that seems less fun to me.

In any case the idea I am considering now is "Landmarks worth or in excess of 56 coins" would allow the Airport to produce income. This means a combination of several landmarks would be necessary but still allow players to pursue different paths while changing as little as possible.

The final Airport text would read "If you have developed landmarks worth 56 or greater coins, and you build nothing on your turn, you get 10 coins from the bank."

Any thoughts or feedback before I modify my cards? I'm planning to do a playtest soon if I can get it to the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BluMist Nuruodo
msg tools
It would be best to play with the Harbor expansion, so you can have the opportunity to play Sushi Bar to stop someone from going straight for the Airport.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.