7 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Playing with more than one party rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a game going with one party and I'm starting a new one with another one. From what I understand global achievements persist, completed scenarios are completed... what about prosperity? should I have a separate track or add to the existing one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Prosperity is the prosperity of the city of Gloomhaven. It's also persistent across multiple parties in the same world.

Reputation is handled on a per-party basis. That might be what you're thinking of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian KE
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a related question. We're playing with two separate parties, let's call them A and B. I know different parties are allowed to buy overlapping items (for example, characters in party A can own a total of 4 minor stamina potions, and characters in party B can also own a total of 4 minor stamina potions, even though there are only 4 of them in the deck). Does this also apply to looted items? Specifically looted items where the character immediately gets the item (not looted item designs which are added to the shop, and I assume can be purchased by both parties as with other shop items). If a member of party A loots an item (let's say it's an item with only one copy in the deck) is it then available for someone in party B to buy?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JulianKE wrote:
I have a related question. We're playing with two separate parties, let's call them A and B. I know different parties are allowed to buy overlapping items (for example, characters in party A can own a total of 4 minor stamina potions, and characters in party B can also own a total of 4 minor stamina potions, even though there are only 4 of them in the deck). Does this also apply to looted items? Specifically looted items where the character immediately gets the item (not looted item designs which are added to the shop, and I assume can be purchased by both parties as with other shop items). If a member of party A loots an item (let's say it's an item with only one copy in the deck) is it then available for someone in party B to buy?

Thanks.

I think yes, all the items should be written down and then they are available for the other party.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willott
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say no. That "found" item is one-of-a-kind, (sometimes literally I think, sometimes it's just the first one seen in GH), and until it is SOLD by that character, it will not be in the supply.

I would say that if there are at least 2 in circulation, then the Artisans of GloomHaven have the knowledge and ability to make multiples (for multiple parties).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Willottica wrote:
I'd say no. That "found" item is one-of-a-kind, (sometimes literally I think, sometimes it's just the first one seen in GH), and until it is SOLD by that character, it will not be in the supply.

I would say that if there are at least 2 in circulation, then the Artisans of GloomHaven have the knowledge and ability to make multiples (for multiple parties).

Does this have any basis in the rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willott
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When the box is opened, the city's available supply consists of all copies of 001-014.
- When an item is sold, it goes into the available supply
- Any time an item design is gained, copies are added to the available supply
- new items are made available when the city gains prosperity
- when characters retire, their items go back into the supply.

From that - I would conclude that there would be no reason to have unique items available for other parties.

However, it goes on: "If a different party plays the game with different characters, items possessed by unused characters are considered to be in the city's available supply and can be purchased."

So I'm wrong. But I still like my way better (though it's completely moot since we have only one party - other than the Kickstarter party who are
Spoiler (click to reveal)
lost in the abyss for now).

It might make sense to let those looted items be available for re-looting by other parties playing in casual mode?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.