Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyrell Archer
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, for those that read the comics as well as play the game, Marvel's latest solicits have Ironheart and Wasp (Nadia Pym) joining the team, and based on the cover, I'm guessing First Class Cyclops is out. Clearly, it's too late to make any changes, but if it were possible, is there anyone you'd trade out in favour of these new members?

Personally, though I don't hate Gwenpool, she's my least favourite of the characters in box, and not even a true member, so I'd be perfectly happy to trade her out for Ironheart. It's true that we have a good amount of Iron in the game already, and almost no one from the Pym legacy. However, I don't like the new Wasp very much; she's a little too perfect, and she seems to the be deus ex machina in several recent stories. More than that, though, is that while I like most of Marvel's new legacy characters, the original Wasp is a character that is in desperate need of development and exploration, despite being a founding Avenger, and Nadia Pym takes away from that.

Any other thoughts? Who would you like to have traded out for one of the new members? Or is the lineup perfect the way it is?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan folsom
msg tools
TyrellArcher wrote:
So, for those that read the comics as well as play the game, Marvel's latest solicits have Ironheart and Wasp (Nadia Pym) joining the team, and based on the cover, I'm guessing First Class Cyclops is out. Clearly, it's too late to make any changes, but if it were possible, is there anyone you'd trade out in favour of these new members?

Personally, though I don't hate Gwenpool, she's my least favourite of the characters in box, and not even a true member, so I'd be perfectly happy to trade her out for Ironheart. It's true that we have a good amount of Iron in the game already, and almost no one from the Pym legacy. However, I don't like the new Wasp very much; she's a little too perfect, and she seems to the be deus ex machina in several recent stories. More than that, though, is that while I like most of Marvel's new legacy characters, the original Wasp is a character that is in desperate need of development and exploration, despite being a founding Avenger, and Nadia Pym takes away from that.

Any other thoughts? Who would you like to have traded out for one of the new members? Or is the lineup perfect the way it is?

I haven't read Champions (or any other new comic for that matter) in several years, so I can't really comment on swapping out heroes. I will say, though, that while I've really liked these last two big boxes, it'd be nice to have one that fills in several of the existing team affiliations instead of focusing on just one. This would be a good way to pick up on some of the heroes that don't make it into the smaller expansions. While some objected to the content of the Secret Wars sets, adding a few heroes to lesser teams would be nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Wineinger
United States
Wood River
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
You made it personal. All it did was buy you a little more pain than most.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, Gwenpool is the only addition I'm ambivalent about. The rest are fine, I think. I'd definitely rather have Time Traveling Cyclops, or Ironheart than her.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Collector in me says I want them all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nate the dawg wrote:
it'd be nice to have one that fills in several of the existing team affiliations instead of focusing on just one.

*Cough* New Warriors *Cough*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Wineinger
United States
Wood River
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
You made it personal. All it did was buy you a little more pain than most.
mbmbmbmbmb
jhochges wrote:

Agreed... however, that's The Collector's cosmic bro, the Grandmaster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spcsamri wrote:
jhochges wrote:

Agreed... however, that's The Collector's cosmic bro, the Grandmaster.

Darn it blush, you're right... I guess I just like Goldblum more than Del Toro.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin DeWitt
msg tools
I think T.A.Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Viv Vision, and Nova are must-haves.

If we could be promised T.A.Hulk in a Hulk set, Ms. Marvel in an Inhumans set, or Nova in a cosmic set, I'd let them go in favor of some of the new members.

We already have a Cyclops and Ultimate Spider-man, so with limited space, repeats aren't needed- this covers the original team.

The later adds- Ironheart, new Wasp, new Falcon, and new Patriot would all be better than Gwenpool. Heck, a new Black Widow mentor hero from Secret Empire would be better than Gwenpool, but then, I feel like the villains/masterminds in this box are questionable, and should have been replaced with some Secret Empire stuff, since that's where the Champions' really hit their stride in the greater Marvel universe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.