Subject: Solo Game: Peon and Clothes Abuse rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi solo game testers,

At the designer, Mike Keller's request, I'm starting a thread based on a problem I have found with the current solo rules. Mike wanted to make a post, to garner some new ideas to stop this abuse, in the solo game.

I wanted to run through a game to abuse the Calligrapher, which I thought might be over-powered in the solo game. My idea was to set up loops of each worker color. One to get building materials (there were a good number of plank/paper spots to deliver), and one to loop production of cotton-cloth-clothes to sell clothes. Both of these loops would be set-up to abuse the peon action.

In my game, I got the Favor actions that allow you to sell and one to process goods. Those helped, but even at selling 1 clothes per turn, it’s an infinite loop, even without Calligrapher.

At most, I’d be spending 6 Rupee to get to 3 clothes. Selling one-per turn, for 12 total Rupee. I maxed production of wood and cotton, right off. Visited the trader twice to make clothes value 4 twice, and traded for anything I needed. With maxed cotton production, I needed even fewer Peons to activate the loop.

You simply have to place workers of the same color along a chain and leave them there. Once you have enough Rupee, and have maxed out all other rupee avenues, before end game, you can simply peon through Cotton to clothes.

Ideas should limit the number of peon actions somehow, or stop peon chains.

If we were to roll a die and remove a worker, that would certainly slow down these chains, and also possibly give some favor, but that would add more die rolling and randomness with events. It might not actually stop this abuse either.

Ideas welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops, Mike posted about this here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/28091330#28091330

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.