Subject: Which counters to use? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
EDG
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I asked this elsewhere but haven't got a straight answer from anyone - can someone please explain which counter sheet I'm supposed to use? I have two sheets that came with my T&T 2e - Sheet1 seems to have large counters (with rounded corners) that are the same design as the counters on Sheet2 (the counters on Sheet2 are smaller and have sharp corners). They both seem to have Control on the front and Influence on the back, but there's more of the square-cornered ones than the rounded-corner ones. I can't find anything in the rules (in section 4.0, Cards and Markers or elsewhere) that explains the difference between the larger and smaller versions of the counters.

Here's a picture of the two counter sheets that I have (front and back): https://imgur.com/0DVbu79

So which ones am I supposed to use, and what's the difference between them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Finch
United States
Pearl River
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no difference and I am not sure if designer had a specific purpose but we use the large ones for control and the small ones (because you need up to 3 of them until the phase where control is determined) until then

space saving measure on map - this may be the intent as well (I know why back print the large ones ...likely because same image as the small ones is more efficient and reduces change for error in printing)

hope this helps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Martin
United Kingdom
Brackley
Northamptonshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's your choice. The small "sharp" ones were included in the original T&T and the large ones were part of the upgrade. It appears, from what you've written, that you now get both sizes in the box and so it's up to you. For what it's worth we tended to still use the small control markers on the map after I got the upgrade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EDG
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
OK thanks... would have been nice if they had actually explained this in the rulebook somewhere!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Triumph & Tragedy is an excellent game, hope you get around to playing it soon and posting your first impressions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EDG
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
What I don't get is why there are different numbers of counters on each sheet.

The large one has 18 German markers, the small one has 22.
The large one has 18 USSR markers, the small one has 22.
The large one has 18 West markers, the small has 20.
The large one has two Battle A and two Battle B counters, the small one has a Battle A, Battle B, Battle C, and Battle D counter.
Both have 32 Peace Dividend counters, 2 Active Ally, 12 Blockade, and one each of Turn Order, Year, Phase/Season and Player Turn.

So does the larger one have all the counters I need? is 18 of each enough? Do I need the C and D Battle counters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne L
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EDG_ wrote:
What I don't get is why there are different numbers of counters on each sheet.

The large one has 18 German markers, the small one has 22.
The large one has 18 USSR markers, the small one has 22.
The large one has 18 West markers, the small has 20.
The large one has two Battle A and two Battle B counters, the small one has a Battle A, Battle B, Battle C, and Battle D counter.
Both have 32 Peace Dividend counters, 2 Active Ally, 12 Blockade, and one each of Turn Order, Year, Phase/Season and Player Turn.

So does the larger one have all the counters I need? is 18 of each enough? Do I need the C and D Battle counters?

There are more than enough counters on the large upgrade sheet. I dont use the small ones at all, I got rid of them. You have more than enough political control markers for each faction. I never use the Battle markers, they are not needed as long as you can keep track of where your battling.

The only markers that are important to keep specifically is keep 1 set of Peace Dividends to draw randomly. I put mine in a little draw bag that we use to do our random draw from. Make sure you dont put both small and large Peace Dividends markers together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EDG
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
striped_zebra wrote:
There are more than enough counters on the large upgrade sheet. I dont use the small ones at all, I got rid of them. You have more than enough political control markers for each faction. I never use the Battle markers, they are not needed as long as you can keep track of where your battling.

The only markers that are important to keep specifically is keep 1 set of Peace Dividends to draw randomly. I put mine in a little draw bag that we use to do our random draw from. Make sure you dont put both small and large Peace Dividends markers together.

Great, thanks a lot! I've kept the large and small separated out but I think I'll only be using the large ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I assumed including the small sheet was a mistake. Surprised to find everybody else had the same result. The larger counters with the rounded corners are much nicer and I've never run out using just those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.