Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maurice Oksman
United States
Hartsdale
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can Marsayas put a Challenge token on a deity that already has a Challenge token?

As of right now, based on the RAW, I can't see why not? That way a player can take advantage of those moments in the game where they know the opponent is struggling with not having enough art of war cards (although there is always the possibility they might draw 1).

RAW seem to infer only 1 token gets removed in order to instigate the challange ability.

I could be wrong though—Seeing as Marsayas is super annoying already, it might be a balancing method preventing a deity for acquiring more than 1 Challenge token...although without the challenge tokens, Marsayas does't have much else to do (aside from very slowly claiming omphalos), leaving his activation cards as clutter until the Deity activates (or Marsayas dies).

Right now i'm leaning towards him being able to put multiple counter (obviously on different activations/turns)... after all, he has only 3, it's not like it's a permanent lockdown.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Already have this question in the FAQ topics list:

1Do tokens "stack"? More specifically can you have multiple tokens (making the effect harder to get rid of)? If you can, do you count the effects for each (making it worse)?
Some powers(eg Aphrodite's Revenge)seem ambiguous as to whether they stack or not.
Aphrodite's Revenge
Re: Medea's Stun

Seems like this is covered by that question? (don't have the card in front of me)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.