Subject: [August spoiler] Rule M question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." - Khalil Gibran
mbmbmbmbmb
Question because of dossier box 35:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Do we have to scratch the frequency chart off in order or can we scratch the ones that we have information about first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Olsen
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played that you were NOT required to scratch from left to right because neither the rule nor the card explicitly stated that that was a requirement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see any reason you would need to go from left to right, and there are pretty strong indications that they expect you to do otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Homrighaus
United States
Clarendon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anjulka wrote:
Question because of dossier box 35:

Do we have to scratch the frequency chart off in order or can we scratch the ones that we have information about first?

Nope, we scratched them in whatever order we chose... it makes thematic sense too since you are tuning into a frequency... that implies a certain amount of choice in the matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Knapp
United States
Crystal Lake
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I was doing them in order. I know I was like... I need X more until I can get to one of the frequencies that I want to do. I'd really be interested in the answer to this. If you can do whatever order you want, I will definitely be doing the next two as the ones that I want. (Granted, the second one is right after the first, so it's not like it matters for this next one.)

I figured it was more like a dial on a radio. You can't instantly go from 91.9FM to 107.3FM. You have to hit all the ones in between.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Taylor
Scotland
Old Woking
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't see a single reason you need to do them in order.

Radio Tower Triangulation Spoiler
I can see a very good reason you would not though, this would mean you have to scratch off all 10 thus "wasting" 7 uses to listen in to the hollow men.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Xarou wrote:
I figured it was more like a dial on a radio. You can't instantly go from 91.9FM to 107.3FM. You have to hit all the ones in between.

That's true, but I would think the additional take it takes to spin the dial past those stations is inconsequential compared to anything useful you could do once you've tuned in.

Keep in mind that monitoring a frequency takes the same amount of time as riding a ferry from New York to London.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Taylor
Scotland
Old Woking
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Antistone wrote:
Keep in mind that monitoring a frequency takes the same amount of time as riding a ferry from New York to London.

lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stamp
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xarou wrote:

The action can be thought as though you are spending time actually listening in to the broadcast (which is how you can gain information about what is coming) so you can turn the dial to any frequency.

The instructions say scratch “a” box below. Compare this to the instructions about taking exposure which talks about scratch the next box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.