Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomas Hejna
Czech Republic
Prague
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Starting Decks:
- for 2p game both players may add one Level 1 card of any Element to their starting Wizard's deck (for free)
- for 3p+ game every player may add one (and only one) Level 1 card of any Element to their starting deck by adding 1 Madness card along it (from play pool)

Fixed Spells:
- set the pool of available Spells before starting a game to any combination you think that will work best for you

Wizards' Abilities:
- Air Boy may choose to discard the "on-looked" card from the top of his Wizard's deck back on the top instead to discard pile
- Earth Girl may also exchange cards in shared Support between other player's directly (i.e. swap two occupied slots) but this will use both of her card movement actions at once (also note that her basic ability to reach any player's slot is official by FAQ)

Water Spells:
- Level 1 Frost Mirror - changed text to "Place value (1) card from your discard pile in support."
- Level 1 Torrential Rain - in addition to its current text "..., then places the top card from deck to support."

Improving by Destroying Only:
- the action to Acquire an Element card is removed
- for destroying a single Element Curse that player may either upgrade (i.e. destroy and replace) one card of the same Element (as was the Curse) within Wizard's own Support / discard pile to its next Level (if available) OR add a new Level 2 card of the same Element to Wizard's discard pile
- for destroying a multi Element Curse that player may either add a new Level 1 card from any Element directly to Wizard's own free Support slot OR a new Level 2 card from any Element to discard pile

Elemental Specialization:
- new Spells from your Wizard's home Element (corresponding Level 2 starting Element) costs you only half to learn (i.e. 1 instead of 2)

Hidden Curses:
- place the Curses hidden (face down) so you do not know what their effect will be until they trigger (reveal it at that moment)

Alternate Curse Order:
- just a cosmetic change, we do start placing Monster Curses from the top Element as the first, then the left and as the last the right one

Small Book of Madness:
How to shorten playtime - The Small Book of Madness
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael peterson
United States
San Jose
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Removing the action to acquire an element card seems really interesting. When you play with this rule do you find you end the game with many fewer cards in your deck than without this rule?

I am a fan of any idea that gets more cards into support. I think that the game makes it too expensive as it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hejna
Czech Republic
Prague
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, number of cards is slightly lower, while supports get more used (at least from what I remember at the moment). Our games with changes above feel more like a puzzle challenge, with less options through play and more at the beginning.

Also, we never picked the standard Torrential Rain obviously. Yet there are still several interesting combinations / interactions between other spells. And as I'm thinking about it now, we are mostly opting for a more balanced distribution between them at the start (to clearly not have any preferred element)

EDIT: we have lately played several games by the original rules only and frankly, all the former changes together made the play a lot easier (mainly because the option to add Curse rewards directly in Support) - so few changes had to be made again for more fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.