Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Dr
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
If I have an influence token on the building that gives me an Advancement Card each income round, and for an income round I choose a Guest card, do I get the income from that Guest in the same income round as well?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Dionne
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say no. I believe you need to have that card already in your possession when income is triggered in order to activate it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a tough one, but based on the wording on the Guest Card rules (rule 11), I would say that you only look at guest cards in your personal supply at the moment that income is activated. So I would agree with Charles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Ward
United States
Newport News
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really, I'm not even sure it's a tough one. The way I resolve timing issues in a lot of games like this is like this:

When an effect is triggered, take a mental snapshot of your board and your cards. Anything in play at the instant that the effect is triggered will be processed. You have the building that gives you a card, so you get a card. The card that you gain was not in your personal supply when the event happened, so it won't be processed.

So far, this way of thinking about timing issues hasn't led me astray. (:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dr
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kredal wrote:
Really, I'm not even sure it's a tough one. The way I resolve timing issues in a lot of games like this is like this:

When an effect is triggered, take a mental snapshot of your board and your cards. Anything in play at the instant that the effect is triggered will be processed. You have the building that gives you a card, so you get a card. The card that you gain was not in your personal supply when the event happened, so it won't be processed.

So far, this way of thinking about timing issues hasn't led me astray. (:

In a normal game I would agree, but with this game I've been surprised a few times by it's..... permissiveness. Especially for example that a minion's benefit can trigger a card with "Whenever you use a building to...." effects, where the wording really sounds like the building has to be the thing providing the benefit to trigger the card effect.

Plus I wasn't sure if there was a rule I'd missed about whether building income happens before Guest income, or vice-versa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.