Craig B
Australia
Mount Hawthorn
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After each year the soldier track RESETS! (Yes it's in the rulebook! Yes I'm stupid!)

Somehow this is on Page 9 when the entire Winter bit is explained on Page 8 and I missed it completely! OMG. cry First time I think I messed up teaching a game. We rolled 3 1's for King's Reinforcements and no one ever lost, and we were baffled! Then I re-read the rulebook! shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Giménez
Spain
girona
Girona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the soldier track resets. That's why it makes sense to build defenses... they stay for the whole game.

However, winning a battle is not that important. But avoiding defeat is, since penalty is usually pretty painful...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yogibbear wrote:
After each year the soldier track RESETS! (Yes it's in the rulebook! Yes I'm stupid!)

Somehow this is on Page 9 when the entire Winter bit is explained on Page 8 and I missed it completely! OMG. cry First time I think I messed up teaching a game. We rolled 3 1's for King's Reinforcements and no one ever lost, and we were baffled! Then I re-read the rulebook! shake

Do you actually reset to 0 every year? I teach that they lose the priivileges of influenced Courtesans, but reset to the bonus given by the buildings after the winter phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig B
Australia
Mount Hawthorn
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
capricorn_tm wrote:
yogibbear wrote:

Do you actually reset to 0 every year? I teach that they lose the priivileges of influenced Courtesans, but reset to the bonus given by the buildings after the winter phase.

That's mathematically the same outcome so it's fine. Just what I did is not. Doing it your way you've got to be careful when determining if the barracks triggers or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yogibbear wrote:
[That's mathematically the same outcome so it's fine. Just what I did is not. Doing it your way you've got to be careful when determining if the barracks triggers or not.

Yup, but this to me is player management responsibility. It is your game and you have to pay attention

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.