Popular Tags: [View All]
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
In what order should Fire on the Move (-2) and Suppressive Fire (*2) modifiers to Combat Value be applied?

For example if my Combat Value is 4, is the resulting value 6=(4*2)-2 or 4=(4-2)*2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Bartels
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
4=(4-2)*2

The penalty is applied to the unit's combat value, before the final result of the roll as per the rules on page 41 of the compendium.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
Lemonpips wrote:
The penalty is applied to the unit's combat value, before the final result of the roll as per the rules on page 41 of the compendium.

That's the question: the Suppressive Fire multiplier is also applied to "the unit's Combat Value" (Compendium p. 43). So: in what order are these two modifies applied? I don't see that specified anywhere (unless "all bonuses" on p. 43 includes maluses as well, in which case, yes: 4; but cite p.43)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Bartels
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldaron wrote:
Lemonpips wrote:

That's the question: the Suppressive Fire multiplier is also applied to "the unit's Combat Value" (Compendium p. 43). So: in what order are these two modifies applied? I don't see that specified anywhere (unless "all bonuses" on p. 43 includes maluses as well, in which case, yes: 4; but cite p.43)

The Unofficial Manual Rewrite clarifies the issue, indicating that you apply the penalty before the multiplier. I haven't taken the time to fully search the compendium to see if it offers additional commentary on how those specific rules combine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S F
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Don't have the rulebook in front of me, but I do remember, clearly seeing somewhere that the multiplier for suppression is applied LAST, so it is much harder to get 4*2-1=7 (massive!) vs (4-1)*2=6 (more balanced)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.