Hide
3 Posts

The Great Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: What constitutes Proxy status? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tim landers
msg tools
I am having trouble defining and understanding Proxy status. I am sure it’s in the instructions somewhere and I have seen it mentioned in many situations, but I have not seen it precisely defined. Can someone do that for me or point me to the section?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gorkowski
msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
See rule 7.5

It boils down to this. If you use an emissary card to move a vassal into your camp then it is your proxy. You can control its forces and enter its spaces without triggering invasion since it is in your camp.

This is different from when you can temporary "control" (stewardship) of a neutral invaded by your rival. In that case, the vassal is NOT your proxy (it does not join your camp) but you get to control its forces for the duration of that invasion.

It is also different from conquest (rule 8.3) which brings a vassal into your camp after you conquer it, but it is NOT your proxy because you do not get its forces and it can rebel against you.

Thanks
John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim landers
msg tools
Thanks John that helps a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.