William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
Several of mine have a lot of ink bleed and markings on the back. I have not been able to clean them off yet. Wondering if this is a one off problem or more wide spread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wagner
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Mine had a few minor spots of ink and very minor bleeding in very few spots. I was able to scrape it off with a sharp blade, very carefully over the surfaces. Looks nearly flawless now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Simone [The Quasi Geek Dad]
United States
Redmond
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MonkeyKnifeFight wrote:
Several of mine have a lot of ink bleed and markings on the back. I have not been able to clean them off yet. Wondering if this is a one off problem or more wide spread.

Picture? I don't have mine, but a visual reference would be nice in case I have a similar problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cinos
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine had several small ink dots and one tile had two very large spots, almost looked deliberate.

You can scrape the big bits off with your nail and a bit of pressure, though. I then just cleaned them up with hot soapy water and a scouring sponge. Look perfect now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuting Yang
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kinda glad I am not the only one with this problem and I hope to get a replacement from CMON.soblue

Edit: the smudge is more than just superficial; it's almost like etched onto the surface of the tile
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Watkins
msg tools
Yeh 2 of my tiles had some black streaks. Will soapy water do the trick? Or a craft knife required?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Watkins
msg tools
Baimi wrote:
Kinda glad I am not the only one with this problem and I hope to get a replacement from CMON.soblue

Edit: the smudge is more than just superficial; it's almost like etched onto the surface of the tile

Oh thats much worse. Think the OP is talking about the black paint smudging. Hope they send you a replacement!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cinos
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashyo wrote:
Yeh 2 of my tiles had some black streaks. Will soapy water do the trick? Or a craft knife required?

If it's anything like mine it will just be dried ink on smooth plastic. Sponge and water with a bit of scratching away with a nail should be all that's required.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Wright
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I have one betray tile that has black ink smudged on the back so it stands out like a sore thumb. Cosmetics wise it's not bad, but it does ruin the hidden information aspect. Think I will try cleaning it, and contact CMoN if that doesn't work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Octavius
Canada
Chilliwack
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Baimi wrote:

Has CMON given you a response yet? Keep us updated. I'd like to know what happens in case I have the same problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
PaukW wrote:
I have one betray tile that has black ink smudged on the back so it stands out like a sore thumb. Cosmetics wise it's not bad, but it does ruin the hidden information aspect. Think I will try cleaning it, and contact CMoN if that doesn't work.

I will post photos in a couple days when I get a photo. But 2 of them are like this. With substantial smudging making the tile very obvious. I tried scrubbing somewhat gently and got nothing. Haven't used heavier abrasives yet. Another couple tiles have small marks, but its mainly the 2 tiles with a ton of smudging that bother me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Watkins
msg tools
cinos wrote:
Ashyo wrote:

If it's anything like mine it will just be dried ink on smooth plastic. Sponge and water with a bit of scratching away with a nail should be all that's required.

Okay fantastic thanks for the tip. Yeh its just dry ink (not glossy)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuting Yang
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maebon wrote:
Baimi wrote:

Has CMON given you a response yet? Keep us updated. I'd like to know what happens in case I have the same problem.

Tried contacting CMON directly via Kickstarter, no response so far

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hodgson
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think CMON monitor Kickstarter so much - you'd be better mailing them direct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuting Yang
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up Redking; I contacted CMON via their website directly and submitted a ticket. Got a response this morning and my request is currently being processed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.