Subject: How much should I sell my copy and expansions for? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Reesman
United States
Sarver
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I have the base game, Windwalker, the Sleeper, Opener of Ways, the 7-8 players map, and primeval earth map. The advice is needed. All but the primeval map are in the base game box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morris
Canada
Kelowna
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I might be intèrested in the Primeval map if you're willing to sell separately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
It kind of depends how quickly you want to unload your games. You can only expect to break-even / make a profit on games that are out-of-print (even if temporarily for a few months) and are reasonably popular. Fortunately, Cthulhu Wars is popular, so you've got that working in your favor.

A few points to consider would be:

1.) You'll make more money selling items separately than as a bundle. Note, this means you could be stuck with some of your items. This is particularly a problem with base sets, as the most interested customers are looking to buy expansions.

2.) Don't overlook the value of trades via BGG. Maybe your base game or expansions can get you something else you want.

3.) You have to consider the price at popular online retailers like Amazon, CoolStuffInc, etc. You'll be waiting a long time if your price is higher than those etailers.

4.) Your offer price has to include shipping because people hate paying for it (it's the "but Amazon Prime Shipping / orders over $X are free" problem.)

In my experience, I've been able to sell in-print games quickly for 50-65% of retail MSRP or stated another way, about 20% less (including shipping) than the lowest etailer price. Don't forget to include any extras in your posting like lamination of components, cards sleeves, extra dice etc.

If this is too much of a bath to take monetarily, then you're stuck waiting for the game to go out of print, at which point the lowest price you should offer is what you paid for the game back in the day plus the cost to ship the game to your buyer. The risk with the waiting strategy, however, is a new edition making all your stuff obsolete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
I'd be interested in the sleeper, windwalker, and primeval map. I would even be willing to trade my The Others 7 sins that I have for sale unopened. If that game interests you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just check eBay and BGG marketplace sold listings. I'd chop 15-20% off the prices you find for selling in a bundle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Halowell

Maryland
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in a faction expansion, especially Opener of the Way, if you're willing to sell for a good price + shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Culhane
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I will buy the 7-8 player map. PM me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.