United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
What are those!
badge
このていどだな、ね?
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had a few questions I posted on Kickstarter but also wanted to post here to maybe have a better discussion.

1. Best way to build up your holy and unholy Army. I assume it would be buying a second core box.

2. For legendary battles will there be a system for building armies. I read the rules did not see anything about this. I really want to play this in this way. Will the legendary battles expansion have these rules.

3. How do the rules for cannons work. i.e. line of sight flight path etc.

4. Will we see special rules for sieges etc before pledge manager closes.

5. Finally, is there air combat rules? For example, if I get two dragons or if the devil wants to fight the dragon in the sky etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Apocalypse

2. Those are supposed to be with the core game. Legendary Battles is for big, mass battle games and scenarios.

3. No idea.

4.I hope so too.

5. No clue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Botelho
Canada
Sainte-Therese
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
Normally, Mythic said everything will be anwsered before the PM closes. Like in 7-8 weeks!

4. A siege video as been recorded at Beast of War, and it will be online during the PM. We will see more rules about it then! I am eager to see how it worksout! I am aware of the status drawing cards BEFORE the siege to reflect the damages of the siege before the battle, but i have no clue how it works out during the actual siege!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Dorpmans
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
5. There are sky tiles, where flying creatures can "teleport" to. From there, everything is the same as ground combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmad Siddiqi
Pakistan
Lahore
flag msg tools
3. Ranged units have either direct fire or arcing fire. My understanding is direct fire is blocked by obstacles (e.g. structures, forests?) in between the firing and target hex, whereas arcing fire is not. Crossbows are direct fire while bowmen have arcing fire. I would assume this distinction carries over to siege units like cannons and trebuchets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco
United Kingdom
Loughborough
flag msg tools
Selling board games during Brussels Games Festival 2018: check my for trade items. :)
mbmbmbmbmb
ahmadms wrote:
3. Ranged units have either direct fire or arcing fire. My understanding is direct fire is blocked by obstacles (e.g. structures, forests?) in between the firing and target hex, whereas arcing fire is not. Crossbows are direct fire while bowmen have arcing fire. I would assume this distinction carries over to siege units like cannons and trebuchets.

Good overview Ahmad !! I also think the same distinction between direct and arcing fire would be kept for siege engines, although their range would be probably increased.

For more specific information about how ranged attack work, and which kinds of terrain block what, I would recommend to have a look at the "Shooting" chapter in the rulebook (page 13).

In case somebody has missed the rules:

*** OFFICIAL VERSION 1 OF THE WRITTEN RULES PROVIDED BY MYTHIC GAMES ***
Mythic Games has released the first written version of the rules (English version) through an update on Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1162110258/time-of-lege...

For the moment you can download the English version directly from Dropbox at:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ll9md7vs0x0fzla/JoA-Beta%20rules-v...

While waiting for the official French version, Jean Luc has already kindly provided a translation for French backers:
http://lesvieuxdelavieille.org/dpg/JoA_VF.pdf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.