Chris Atkins
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
Playing solitaire global 1940, and experimenting with J1. Went for Hong Kong, Manila, and setup for Hawaii on J2. Went strong on Midway as Japan has to go through there to get troops to Hawaii from Japan. Bought 3 transports. Can take 4 transports + ground troops into Hawaii J2. Japanese destroyer screening sea zone around Hawaii.

Have some thoughts about American response on A1 but thought I would ask the experts here what they would do? What would you buy on A1 for Pacific theater and how would you respond to this Japanese threat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Midnight Reaper
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I want (to play) them all, and I want (to play) them now!
badge
Let Him Beware!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have an answer for you, but I like that sweet F4U Corsair in "Marine" colors on your US Carrier.

Are you using them as "straight" (A3/D4/M4/C10) fighters, or are you using HBG's suggested A4/D3/M4/C12 stats?

Off topic again, I know...

-M_R

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Atkins
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
midnight_reaper wrote:
I don't have an answer for you, but I like that sweet F4U Corsair in "Marine" colors on your US Carrier.

Are you using them as "straight" (A3/D4/M4/C10) fighters, or are you using HBG's suggested A4/D3/M4/C12 stats?

-M_R

Thanks for the reply! Just using them as “straight” fighters to add a little flavor. Using the P-38s and some HBG P-51s for land-based fighters.

Also did you notice the Japanese battleship?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Midnight Reaper
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I want (to play) them all, and I want (to play) them now!
badge
Let Him Beware!
mbmbmbmbmb
cdatkins wrote:
midnight_reaper wrote:

-M_R

Thanks for the reply! Just using them as “straight” fighters to add a little flavor. Using the P-38s and some HBG P-51s for land-based fighters.

Also did you notice the Japanese battleship?

I didn't notice it at first amongst the rest of the burnt orange throng at Midway but that is a sweet Nagato-class BB in there next to those Unryu-class CVs. Shinanos are an anachronistic shame, but I like the Kaga-class CVs from '41.

-Midnight_Reaper

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Reece
United States
Garland
Texas
flag msg tools
Well in my opinion the US has to dedicate itself to stopping Japan so you are missing some aircraft on the west coast.

For instance if you put a bomber on the west coast and Russia was at war with Japan (not uncommon as one of the pair usually sees an advantage) the bomber could threaten any transports in SZ6.

My preferred build would be Subs 6 subs at a cost of 36
three destroyers at a cost of 24
and a Fighter, at 10
total cost 70 which is pretty close to what you should have give or take a little.

(also move any aircraft on the east coast over to the west coast)

The aircraft can land at Johnston or Wake unless Japan sends a transport to occupy them, which removes their troops from Hawaii so that's ok. Also you can build a carrier to allow planes you use in Hawaiian waters to land in SZ10

You gotta defeat that fleet, then worry about landing troops back in Hawaii.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.