The Siege of Jerusalem (Third Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Seeking Contact Info for the Game Designer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vince S

Georgia
msg tools
mb
I know this truly is a long shot but does anyone know how to contact the designer, Serve Weiss? I own this game, a copy of the original version and a copy of his game, Rolling Thunder. I have some specific design questions about Rolling Thunder but since this game has more activity on BGG than Rolling Thunder, I thought I'd have better luck trying here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lindsay
United States
Soquel
California
flag msg tools
badge
Total randomly Braxton...
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you contacted the co-designer of SoJ:

Fred Schachter
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
?

If you haven't, he would likely be your best lead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sielski
United States
Pequannock
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As posted above ... contact Fred ... he's active.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince S

Georgia
msg tools
mb
Jason and Brian,

Thank you very much for the link and recommendation to contact Fred. Why didn't I think of that? LOL. Sincerely, thanks.

Vince

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince S

Georgia
msg tools
mb
Jason and Brian,

If you happen to see this can you relay my request to Fred if you see him responding to a question as I sent an email directly to his Geek mail over a week ago and he hasn't replied. While I know he might not be that active and it could be awhile before he's on again but if I read his profile correctly, it states he hasn't logged in since 2012 though you have said he is currently active on BGG. Anyway, I appreciate the help you have already given me and any you may still give. Roll well and happy gaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sielski
United States
Pequannock
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see that ... and that is weird ...

Have you tried CSW and the SoJ folder there? Maybe I am mistaken and it was CSW that he has been posting on ... I may be getting BGG and CSW mixed.

Doc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Schachter
United States
Matthews
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Greetings,

I regret the delay in responding to your post.

Alas, it's been years since I've had communication with Steve. Our last contact was when he resided near Nashville. He may yet be there; but I could not locate him during my 2016 and 2017 Nashville visits.

Time does cause separations such as this... one I regret. While we both resided in New York City; Steve and I gamed regularly and I'll always remember our first visit to the Origins II Gaming convention in 1976, with Steve's Land Rover filled to its roof with copies of our amateur printed SIEGE OF JERUSALEM, 70 A.D. game and returning, after a fun and exciting convention, with not a copy unsold.

A memorable experience that.

Perhaps Steve will pick-up on this thread and respond?

Sorry, would that I had better news.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince S

Georgia
msg tools
mb
Fred,
Thank you so very much for your time and consideration to try and help me out in this matter. Also, I sincerely appreciate you sharing that small piece of your history together as fellow gamers and game designers. As you may have noted, I have a copy of both Siege of Jerusalem 3rd Edition and Siege of Jerusalem, 70 AD. I love the game and the graphics and it's still a nice looking game even today. While I hope I can locate Steve for my owe reasons, I sincerely hope even more that you as an old friend get to hear from him again so that you can rekindle your friendship and get to game together once more. Best Regards, Vince

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sielski
United States
Pequannock
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure would be nice if Fred and Steve could get together even virtually, and play SoJ over VASSAL. :)

Doc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.