Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Levelling Up Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gina
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We have just started the game and I have now got 50 experience points to spend on levelling, so my question is, do you spend the 45 off the 50 to level and continue on with 5 experience or does the experience just keep accumulating on to the next level and the next etc?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Wildstar
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You retain a running total throughout the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gina
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Derrick Wildstar wrote:
You retain a running total throughout the campaign.

Thanks for being so quick off the mark on this, I look forward to levelling up tonight when I play, thanks a lot Derrick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel van der pol
Netherlands
Leiden
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kraftykat1 wrote:
We have just started the game and I have now got 50 experience points to spend on levelling, so my question is, do you spend the 45 off the 50 to level and continue on with 5 experience or does the experience just keep accumulating on to the next level and the next etc?

You don't "spend" XP the same way you spend Gold. XP is a running total which is compared to the XP required for certain levels. It works the same way as in for example Dungeons and Dragons. XP is never lost or reduced unless some effect or ability specifically says so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gina
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
marcelvdpol wrote:
Kraftykat1 wrote:

You don't "spend" XP the same way you spend Gold. XP is a running total which is compared to the XP required for certain levels. It works the same way as in for example Dungeons and Dragons. XP is never lost or reduced unless some effect or ability specifically says so.

Many thanks for clarifying this Marcel, just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to make a mistake with how I dealt with the experience. Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.