Hide
3 Posts

Fallout» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question on Quests rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Donovan Thunder
msg tools
I. How do you search this specific forum? Couldn't find anything in the advanced search, otherwise I may have probably found this question already answered.

2. Going back to the game:So quest actions can be performed anywhere or only at Wasteland Encounter spots? If so, why is there a Wasteland Encounter deck?

On resolving the 001 quest, there is a Loot symbol next to a Wasteland Encounter symbol. Does this mean I would get 2x loot if I'm on the Red Rocket Hex? What if I'm on the hex but not actually on the Red Rocket spot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Virum
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings, welcome to BGG.

1) When I click the "Search"-button, I can choose the forum I wish to search in. So I'm not entirely sure how you searched.

2) Quest actions can be performed on the given space - some quests denote a specific space, some an enemy type and so on. I don't know quest card 001 by heart (in the future, please type the relevant card text), but if it requires you to be on "Red Rocket", it's not enough to be on the hex - you have to be on the specific space. If it has the following iconography:

[Loot] x [Wasteland]

and Red Rocket is level 2, then yes you would loot twice.

The Wasteland Encounter deck is used if you take an "Encounter Action", so not a quest action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcio Ferreira
Portugal
Viana do Castelo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
donnylicious wrote:
I. How do you search this specific forum? Couldn't find anything in the advanced search, otherwise I may have probably found this question already answered.

2. Going back to the game:So quest actions can be performed anywhere or only at Wasteland Encounter spots? If so, why is there a Wasteland Encounter deck?

On resolving the 001 quest, there is a Loot symbol next to a Wasteland Encounter symbol. Does this mean I would get 2x loot if I'm on the Red Rocket Hex? What if I'm on the hex but not actually on the Red Rocket spot?

2) Encounters and Quest actions are different, while for the encounters you need to be on specific places corresponding to the deck type you're encountering (not the hex but the space itself). On Quests, the quest itself will tell you, in some cases you may even need to be adjacent to a space and not in the space.

BUT, from the content of your questions I assume (that it's one of the first times you're playing the game) so, there's another thing that's bugging me, you mentioned quest 001, well the suggested start scenario is the "Commonwealth" and I don't recall having this quest (001) staged.

Q) Are you setting up the game correctly? I mean you should start with the specificaly staged quest card that the scenario setup says, which is not necessarily the 001 - e.g. for "Commonwealth" you start with 014 (as far as I remember).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.