Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Community » BoardGameGeek Community

Subject: Can I block users? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Kim
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Problem solved, thanks BBG Community!

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rue Sailmana
Netherlands
Eindhoven
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
The Hedgehog Can Never be Buggered at All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kimohno wrote:
I am honestly annoyed to see ... on top of EVERY Review. His copy paste statuses are meaningless and I don't care for his personal rating system.

Thanks!


You could have just asked the question without becoming personal.

You can click on the arrow above the user's avatar, to the right of the envelope and select the bottom option
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that it is against BGG rules to talk (or even joke) about specific users whom you block.

Hide User Posts
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Stantz
Australia
Central Coast
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kimohno wrote:
I am honestly annoyed to see Certain User on top of EVERY Review. His copy paste statuses are meaningless and I don't care for his personal rating system.

Thanks!


How bizarre.
I tried searching the person you have a gripe with and I just can’t see the problem.

Edit: removed users name
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Meeple1 wrote:
How bizarre.
I tried searching the person you have a gripe with and I just can’t see the problem.

I think OP is talking about the person's game comments, rather than comments on review threads (as it sounded to me at first). Some of the person's many "1" ratings and comments do seem rather bizarre.
1 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Stantz
Australia
Central Coast
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
Meeple1 wrote:
How bizarre.
I tried searching the person you have a gripe with and I just can’t see the problem.

I think OP is talking about the person's game comments, rather than comments on review threads (as it sounded to me at first). Some of the person's many "1" ratings and comments do seem rather bizarre.


Thanks russ, makes a bit more sense now.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Kim
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Thanks for the answer and sorry for calling it out. You are right it was not necessary. I will edit the first post
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ruesailmana wrote:
kimohno wrote:
I am honestly annoyed to see xxx on top of EVERY Review. His copy paste statuses are meaningless and I don't care for his personal rating system.

Thanks!


You could have just asked the question without becoming personal.

You can click on the arrow above the user's avatar, to the right of the envelope and select the bottom option


Now the OP has altered their post your quote from them is the only way I knew who they were talking about - which felt a little ironic
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
entwife wrote:
Now the OP has altered their post your quote from them is the only way I knew who they were talking about - which felt a little ironic

Ironically, now your post is the only one in this thread which still shows the person's name...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
entwife wrote:
Now the OP has altered their post your quote from them is the only way I knew who they were talking about - which felt a little ironic

Ironically, now your post is the only one in this thread which still shows the person's name...


Fixed
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly (Gastonia / Charlotte)
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I know blocking a person hides their posts from my view in threads. But does it also hide their comments (and/or rating) on a game’s Ratings & Comments page? If not, then the OP’s question is not really solved.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoya wrote:
I know blocking a person hides their posts from my view in threads. But does it also hide their comments (and/or rating) on a game’s Ratings & Comments page? If not, then the OP’s question is not really solved.

Indeed his question may not be answered, but the circumstances that prompted the question are apparently being altered and thus the question may be rendered moot...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
Hoya wrote:
I know blocking a person hides their posts from my view in threads. But does it also hide their comments (and/or rating) on a game’s Ratings & Comments page? If not, then the OP’s question is not really solved.

Indeed his question may not be answered, but the circumstances that prompted the question are apparently being altered and thus the question may be rendered moot...
Moot for him perhaps, but the question of whether it blocks comments on the Ratings & Comments page is valid and worth answering.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
Moot for him perhaps, but the question of whether it blocks comments on the Ratings & Comments page is valid and worth answering.

Sure, it's a valid question, but I'm not sure why this discussion and speculation about it is dragging on, instead of one of you who actually cares about it simply taking a minute to do the obvious test and see. (Or maybe no one in this thread actually cares about that question.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
Thunkd wrote:
Moot for him perhaps, but the question of whether it blocks comments on the Ratings & Comments page is valid and worth answering.

Sure, it's a valid question, but I'm not sure why this discussion and speculation about it is dragging on, instead of one of you who actually cares about it simply taking a minute to do the obvious test and see. (Or maybe no one in this thread actually cares about that question.)
That sounds like effort. I'm philosophically opposed to anything that requires effort.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly (Gastonia / Charlotte)
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Fine. The answer is, no it does not. Unless it takes a while to trickle through the system. I can’t see someone’s post above (I didn’t say who, I didn’t say who!), but I can still see their comment on some obscure game.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Kim
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
did the test and it is not working, only hidden in the forum whistle
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget that a lot of the time blocking a user is not nearly as useful as blocking subscription to a user, which is a completely separate setting. Say you are subscribed to a thread and a user you have blocked posts in it, you'll get a notification that there is new content in your subscribed thread, but when you open the thread you'll see nothing more than a collapsed post. If you subscribe>block a user, you won't get any notifications when they post, which I think is about 117 times more useful than collapsing their posts.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.