Subject: pre-made team for first 3 player FFA session rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fred
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
HI everyone,

I will hopefully receive my copy of MBP this week and plan to play a FFA with 2 friends.
Even though the draft is a key and interesting part of the game, I think it would be better for our first few games if we play with "pre-made" teams so as to shorten the session (we are usually quite slow).

Hence, it would be great if someone could suggest (or point me towards a topic already dealing with this) at least 3 teams that we could use and that would be more or less balanced.

thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
You spin me right round, baby - Right round like a record, baby - Right round round round - You spin me right round, baby…
mbmbmbmbmb
I have used the two teams from the quick start rules + Hades with Cerberus and Infernal Warriors.

Worked well for us at least.

Hades + Cerberus + Infernal Warriors
Zeus + Hydra + Spartans
Ares + Achilles + Hoplites

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Murray
United Kingdom
Ivybridge
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don’t forget to add an extra Omphalos to the setup! 😁
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannis
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sounds good.

Anyone has a similar suggestion for a 2v2 game (also which armies should be teamed together)? I am trying to introduce the game this Thursday to 3 new people (and myself) and I also think that drafting is probably too much for the 1rst time. Optimally, I will have time to go through all the abilities on the board beforehand so that I can help everyone to get into the game without too many rules-questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cleverley
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doomfarer wrote:
I have used the two teams from the quick start rules + Hades with Cerberus and Infernal Warriors.

Worked well for us at least.

Hades + Cerberus + Infernal Warriors
Zeus + Hydra + Spartans
Ares + Achilles + Hoplites

I also opted for a setup very similarly to this, although I substituted Cerberus for the Minotaur.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just walk them through the sample battle. Then start a real game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you get the Compendium? There are pre-made forces in there for scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
thanks all for the answers !

No, I was not able to get the compendium but will try to in the forthcoming week if possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.