Escape: The Curse of the Temple» Forums » Variants

Subject: Setup variants rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Povilas Šimonis
Lithuania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello, I have BIG BOX 2nd edition which is filled with many expansions and various stuff. I understand that curses and treasures can be combined in any way, yet I feel the lack of input on chamber number during setup.

We have quests with recommendation of up to 3 per game
traps with recommendation of up to 3 per game
time chambers recommendation of up to 3 per game
then there is a module "Special chambers" which adds 5 more chambers even without chalice (which I place into quests category).
then there are chambers from various queenies (+6) both good and bad which you can combine in any way as far as I understand.

If I'd add up everything at once temple would become perhaps twice as big comparing to standart game and the game would be probably due simple size of it and inability to complete everything and find the exit at the bottom.

Any suggestions how to mix expansions in durable way?
How to scale the temple with player number (we usually beat the expert level)?
Maybe solution could be mixing the escape room in specific region of temple deck? (in such cases the quests which were not revealed are not mandatory to complete).

Best regards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pseudomonass wrote:
Hello, I have BIG BOX 2nd edition which is filled with many expansions and various stuff. I understand that curses and treasures can be combined in any way, yet I feel the lack of input on chamber number during setup.

We have quests with recommendation of up to 3 per game
traps with recommendation of up to 3 per game
time chambers recommendation of up to 3 per game
then there is a module "Special chambers" which adds 5 more chambers even without chalice (which I place into quests category).
then there are chambers from various queenies (+6) both good and bad which you can combine in any way as far as I understand.

If I'd add up everything at once temple would become perhaps twice as big comparing to standart game and the game would be probably due simple size of it and inability to complete everything and find the exit at the bottom.

Any suggestions how to mix expansions in durable way?
How to scale the temple with player number (we usually beat the expert level)?
Maybe solution could be mixing the escape room in specific region of temple deck? (in such cases the quests which were not revealed are not mandatory to complete).

Best regards!

What I have done is created a few "decks". I divided standard and curse/treasure chambers into 3 groups (mixed but not at random), added to each some random special chambers, then I just pick one group, add quests etc. and I get a stack of roughly correct size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hatherley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I use the "official" scoring rules.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/933050/official-escape-scor...

When playing solo, I normally play with: Curses (300 points), Illusions (100 points), Two quests (350 points), Treasures, one time chamber (175 points), a trap (100 points, characters and all the extra Queenies (er, not the caleendar though) I can find for a total of 1025 points.

Cheers,

steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Povilas Šimonis
Lithuania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ever saw any other setup adjustment for different player number?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.