Hide
13 Posts

Pandemic Legacy: Season 2» Forums » Rules

Subject: Connecting 2 new cities objective rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pam Holden
msg tools
Does this objective mean we have to draw a line to a city that hasn’t previously had a line drawn to it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annemarie Post
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how I understand it, yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Taylor
Scotland
Old Woking
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SpammyH wrote:
Does this objective mean we have to draw a line to a city that hasn’t previously had a line drawn to it?

Worth noting that recconing can add a new city to the grid, and does not require you to draw a line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
snoozle snoozle
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please consider spoiler-tagging your post and changing the subject to e.g. "Objective after first recon" as the existence of the mentioned objective is a spoiler.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Auchtung
United States
Sierra Vista
AZ
flag msg tools
mb
snoozle wrote:
Please consider spoiler-tagging your post and changing the subject to e.g. "Objective after first recon" as the existence of the mentioned objective is a spoiler.

The game starts as a board that is 80% blank, and you think it would spoil someone's experience to mention that a goal in said game is to fill out that empty board?

Lol. You self-appointed spoiler police are a silly bunch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin V

Mount Oliver
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattauchtung wrote:
snoozle wrote:

The game starts as a board that is 80% blank, and you think it would spoil someone's experience to mention that a goal in said game is to fill out that empty board?

That you will fill in the board and that the game will have an objective for you to fill in the board are different things. The former is not really a spoiler, the latter is.

For what it is worth, though minor, I think it should be spoiler-tagged as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
snoozle snoozle
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattauchtung wrote:
snoozle wrote:

Well, it could be that all connections are already on the stickers, this is at least what I expected. Seeing that you can actually connect new cities yourself one-by-one (and especially how this can be done) was a surprise.

In general, none of any goals should be in the subject line of a topic, so that anyone can browse the forums regardless of their current state of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Taylor
Scotland
Old Woking
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mattauchtung wrote:
snoozle wrote:

The board could be filled out in multiple ways, so it is a spoiler right? (it is minor for sure).

Not really sure why you would object to having it tagged, even more so I have no idea why you would grief people for wanting it tagged as such.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
offthetrailsonacrazytank
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
87654321cba
badge
what's an overtext ?
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally think that people pretending to judge what is a spoiler or not for other people are obnoxious. If one person considers that something is a spoiler, then it is. For me, a spoiler is anything you don’t know yet, even if you think it’s trivial. Please respect other people’s desire to discover everything themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
"Connecting new cities" means there are now cities on the grid that previously were not on the grid.

A city is on the grid if you can trace a path (a series of supply lines and/or sea lanes) from that city back to one of the starting havens (rules p.6).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Auchtung
United States
Sierra Vista
AZ
flag msg tools
mb
metalguisolid wrote:
If one person considers that something is a spoiler, then it is.

OK, then. I consider your comment a spoiler. Gasp! Go and wail in your sorrow, friend, for becoming the very thing you loathe!

I'm teasing, of course. Words have definitions. Facts are objective, not subjective. So whether I label your comment a spoiler or not has no bearing on actual reality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin V

Mount Oliver
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the purposes of the forum, a spoiler is anything that does not appear in the rule book, game board, first two sticker sheets, etc.

Basically if you can't see it when you first open up the box, before playing January, it should be spoiler tagged.

There is currently another thread going that is a spoiler in the thread title. I am not completely averse to finding out a thing or two by 'accident' while reading this forum or I would have unsubscribed, however it would be nice if other users could appreciate that not everyone is playing at their pace and be considerate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
offthetrailsonacrazytank
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
87654321cba
badge
what's an overtext ?
mbmbmbmbmb
mattauchtung wrote:
OK, then. I consider your comment a spoiler. Gasp!

Of course my view on spoilers only concerns works of art or entertainment...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.