Escape: The Curse of the Temple – Big Box Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Setup suggestions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Povilas Šimonis
Lithuania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, BIG BOX 2nd edition is filled with many expansions and various stuff. I understand that curses and treasures can be combined in any way, yet I feel the lack of input on chamber number during setup.

We have quests with recommendation of up to 3 per game
traps with recommendation of up to 3 per game
time chambers recommendation of up to 3 per game
then there is a module "Special chambers" which adds 5 more chambers even without chalice (which I place into quests category).
then there are chambers from various queenies (+6) both good and bad which you can combine in any way as far as I understand.

If I'd add up everything at once temple would become perhaps twice as big comparing to standart game and the game would be probably due simple size of it and inability to complete everything and find the exit at the bottom.

Any suggestions how to mix expansions in durable way?
How to scale the temple with player number (we usually beat the expert level)?
Maybe solution could be mixing the escape room in specific region of temple deck? (in such cases the quests which were not revealed are not mandatory to complete).

Best regards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elena Litovka
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can look at this file with challenges from the creator of the game. The document is a little outdated, but it contains alternative setup rules which puts exit closer to the top of the deck. Also, there is a link from the same author in the comments - there you can read nuances for the Traps expansion and new queenies.

Or this file apparently includes all these changes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Povilas Šimonis
Lithuania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much;]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.