Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Winning scenario reward question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomasz Rurka
msg tools
Hi
#minor spoiler
I have got one question. When you win campain scenario for exaple #14: "Frozen Hollow" at the end there is sentence :
"So what exacly that you wanted ? " and numbers: 7 , 19 , 31 , 43
What that number means ? Its not new location.
Should i chose one and check in Treasure index ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
those are actually scenarios affected by the achievement of scenario 14. (as far as I've seen the global achievement in #14 is a required for all of those scenarios)
That does NOT mean you just unlocked them, they're solely referenced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Rurka
msg tools
You might be right. Thx for quick answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jikinoari wrote:
You might be right. Thx for quick answer.
There's no "might" about it, Loxos is unequivocally right. Scenario rewards are listed at the end of the Scenario's entry in the Scenario Book. This means any "New Location(s)" entry in the "Rewards block". Locations mentioned in the Scenario Conclusion are not rewards - not least because they are not "at the end of the entry". (It's frickin' confusing, and caused me some issues in my own campaign until I realised my mistake.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Oosterom
Netherlands
De Meern
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wow oke mind is blown. I need to rethink that because i unlocked those scenarios. Glad i am reading this now since we only 1 scenario after 14. So we might have done 1 scenario that we didn't unlock yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjorn B
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe some more expanation is needed here.

You might have noticed the achievement earned by the scenario is a rather important one. There are multiple branches in the story going to this scenario and then branching out again.

Those are scenario's which might have been unlocked before, and are now possible to do. Usually those circles mean what you can do next.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Rossi
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
Unless a scenario says that you unlock a location, the numbers in the conclusion text are just a reminder for navigating a maze of requirements and restrictions.

Every scenario will clearly show what achievements, locations, and rewards are unlocked separate from the conclusion text at the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Ziemer
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WarioMCP wrote:
Unless a scenario says that you unlock a location, the numbers in the conclusion text are just a reminder for navigating a maze of requirements and restrictions.

Every scenario will clearly show what achievements, locations, and rewards are unlocked separate from the conclusion text at the end.

This +. In almost all/all cases where scenario numbers appear in little circles in the campaign story text, it is connecting the scenario to the story element your reading.

So maybe the text says

" you look in the case and find it empty, save for a small paper labeled 'Instructions: Magical spaghetti maker.'" (521).

Then you can remember, oh yah, way back a few missions ago, I unlocked scenario 521 but it wasn't available to play yet, due to an achievement. Now that I have the Magical Spagetri Maker Manuel, I bet I can do scenario 521.

I find those little scenario bubbles very helpful with understanding the story, especially since I'm playing in 3 parties and solo, in 2 different campaign worlds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.