Popular Tags: [View All]
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Alingsås
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say 11 POI markers. But there is 7 extra, with guys from the original game. Are those for any purpose?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Mirfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine are actually a slightly different colour to my original ones, so I might switch them out if there is a full set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Drury
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
The only stupid question... is the one you don't ask!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem with having only 7 tokens is that a single game requires 10 to be included in the pile with 3 blanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arto Hietanen
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, there really should have been a whole set (10 victims + 5 empty), but as they said in the Kickstarter campaign they messed up thinking that 7 + 3 is the full set.

I have changed a few of the original POI tokens to these new ones, that way when you are instructed to add a special POI token, it blends in with the regular POI tokens from the new set. And to be honest, at least with my set the color difference between the tokens is so small that I don't really notice it unless I specifically look for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoe M
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
I wear my Halloween costume all year round!
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be nice if they sold extra POIs separately so we could make up for their error by giving them more money.

Has anyone tried sleeving their POIs somehow? Our different sets are clearly distinguishable by their backs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Alingsås
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bartheus wrote:
they messed up thinking that 7 + 3 is the full set.

What That was bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have enough markers, I find the easiest approach is to put the "live" ones for the game in a draw bag, and use three "?" markers on the board. When you'd flip one over, instead take it off and draw a marker from the bag. Then you don't need to worry about visual similarity.

(You can also use something else - I have 3d-printed some "?" markers.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoe M
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Firedrake wrote:
If you have enough markers, I find the easiest approach is to put the "live" ones for the game in a draw bag, and use three "?" markers on the board. When you'd flip one over, instead take it off and draw a marker from the bag. Then you don't need to worry about visual similarity.

(You can also use something else - I have 3d-printed some "?" markers.)

But this would actually change the outcome with Tragic Events—special POIs could come out earlier than they're supposed to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arto Hietanen
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well you could put the special POIs in the bag only when requested by the Event cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Levine
United States
Clinton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bartheus wrote:
Well you could put the special POIs in the bag only when requested by the Event cards.

The problem is that when the event comes out that adds a special POI, the ones on the board couldn't possibly be that POI, but if you put them in the bag when the event happens, then that might happen.

Perhaps using the bag method to draw them, but you draw them immediately and put them underneath the ? marker (so you can't see the style/wear/etc.), but you have to then be careful to make sure it doesn't slide off.

But really, we just need a sheet of regular POIs to replace our worn out ones / to finish the incomplete set from Tragic Events
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arto Hietanen
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that is true. I didn't think of the ones already on board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Alingsås
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would have been much nicer if those 7 marker would have new artwork, and not the same guys as in the basegame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does that mean, that the expansion is not playable correctly as delivered????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Mirfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
leberegel wrote:

Yes it is playable. You have extra markers which people are wondering what to do with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Levine
United States
Clinton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterM2158 wrote:
leberegel wrote:

Yes it is playable. You have extra markers which people are wondering what to do with.

As long as you have POI markers without significant wear and that aren't punched backwards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoe M
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ours isn't playable as delivered. The problem is that we've actually played our base game extensively, so the POI markers are clearly worn. The new ones can't just be mixed in without making it clear which is which.

The modifications we've been using are fairly minor but still annoying. Basically we have some other POIs from the Extreme Danger Kickstarter that mostly provide what we need (but aren't compatible with the new ones, because they were punched backwards). So there are only a few times where we need to remember specific things: "This particular critically wounded victim is actually supposed to represent the couple", "This hazmat POI is actually supposed to be blank, unless we needed to add extra hazmats after that—or did we mix all the blank POIs back in after adding the extra hazmats?" It's definitely a bit of a pain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
endofturn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joakim589 wrote:
Bartheus wrote:
they messed up thinking that 7 + 3 is the full set.

What That was bad.

Kickstarter wrote:
Also, we had a stretch goal for a "complete set of POI markers", showing 7 victims. Well we got the 7 victims part right, but for some reason I wasn't thinking that we really needed 10 to make a complete set. The good news is that we haven't seen any matching issues, so the 7 extra victims and 3 extra false alarms are doing what they were intended to do - make it less than obvious which POIs were from the new set and which were from the old. And oh, by the way - the token sheet is also under the insert.

Oh boy. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When a friend spilt tea over my set, making the POIs very distinguishable on the back, I emailed IBC and they gave me a new set of POIs for the price of the postage. I can't speak for them but it's worth asking nicely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Alingsås
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
robinjohnson wrote:
When a friend spilt tea over my set, making the POIs very distinguishable on the back, I emailed IBC and they gave me a new set of POIs for the price of the postage. I can't speak for them but it's worth asking nicely.

Nice of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.