Subject: New details from official Portal Newsletter(!) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh B
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
“Robinson Crusoe is the second big expansion for Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island. Unlike its predecessor, it not only includes the campaign (titled The Lost City of Z), where you follow great explorer, Lieutenant Colonel Percy Fawcett, but also a full set of rules and components that can be played with the base game of Robinson Crusoe!

Robinson Crusoe: Mystery Tales introduces 10 new characters, new deck of Event cards, 3 new decks of Adventure cards, new Beast cards, new Mystery cards and new mechanism of Sanity that you can use in the base game of Robinson Crusoe to change it into a game of dreadful stories! Additionally, the expansion includes five missions that form a long and epic campaign: The Lost City of Z!

▪ Epic campaign: The Lost City of Z
▪ New decks of cards, completely compatible with previous scenarios
▪ New horror and sanity mechanism!
Release date: Q4 2018”

Hoping this is compatible with the old editions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: New(?) details from official Portal Newsletter
Awesome news. I've been hoping for a new expansion. Glad Portal is going back to this title.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
miha hančič
Slovenia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm excited for all the additional stuff
Very nice cover too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antoine Fibula
France
Toulouse
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ten new characters?! surprise surprise surprise
I wonder what new powers they've created...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Robinson
msg tools
mbmbmb
Will it have to be kickstarted first?
I'm in either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Adams
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks awesome!
Can't wait for it to come out! This combines my favorite co-op board game of all time w/ a mechanism I find very intriguing from games with a certain author reference (i.e. H.P. Lovecraft). The new mechanics involving horror and sanity sound very interesting... If the idea of having to deal with food, shelter, morale, time, and weather wasn't enough... lets add your characters mental well-being as well! The cursed island is becoming more and more brutal as the years go on... IT'S EVOLVING!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno
United Kingdom
Stoke Gifford
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New name, new cover. Looks like they did away with the 'book' style box that was initially shown. Although i like the new cover, which fits nicely with the second edition box, it does mean that the 'Voyage of the Beagle' box will stand out even more now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Nedeljkovic
Serbia
Paracin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If they're not trying to turn Robinson into First Martians, I'm all in.

PS. I don't thing there will be a kickstarter, they did a kickstarter-like pre-order system for First Martians, maybe they'll go that route.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Adams
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruno,
I want to say that portal is planning on reprinting voyage of the beagle at some point down the line as well... Not sure that rumor is true or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antoine Fibula
France
Toulouse
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrumDuder8 wrote:
The cursed island is becoming more and more brutal as the years go on... IT'S EVOLVING!!!

What? LOST CITY is evolving! LOST CITY evolved into MYSTERY TALES!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Gibson
United States
Sioux City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skullfire wrote:
New name, new cover. Looks like they did away with the 'book' style box that was initially shown. Although i like the new cover, which fits nicely with the second edition box, it does mean that the 'Voyage of the Beagle' box will stand out even more now.

I'm sure at some point we will see a reprint of Voyage of the beagle with matching cover art, once the rights to the expansion pass back to them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¿¿¿
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrumDuder8 wrote:
Bruno,
I want to say that portal is planning on reprinting voyage of the beagle at some point down the line as well... Not sure that rumor is true or not.
Ignacy mentioned they plan to reprint VOtB when they get the rights back in 2019.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Floating World wrote:
If they're not trying to turn Robinson into First Martians, I'm all in.

PS. I don't thing there will be a kickstarter, they did a kickstarter-like pre-order system for First Martians, maybe they'll go that route.

I dreaded reading the article that it talks about the app somewhere. But it didn't! App was a huge reason First Martians felt less immersive, it just didn't work as well as apps do in XCOM or Alchemists or This War of Mine.

Very excited about this expansion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksander Idziak
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that sounds amazing! It's great that apart from campaign they will expand a base game as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paris

Monforte de Lemos
LUGO
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LeMammouth wrote:
DrumDuder8 wrote:
The cursed island is becoming more and more brutal as the years go on... IT'S EVOLVING!!!

I think it's a smart move... the Lost City of Z, though technically a highly thematic name, on the shelves is a little bit confusing -- this broader more generic thematic approach seems like a good spin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antoine Fibula
France
Toulouse
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
patrocles wrote:
LeMammouth wrote:
DrumDuder8 wrote:

I think it's a smart move... the Lost City of Z, though technically a highly thematic name, on the shelves is a little bit confusing -- this broader more generic thematic approach seems like a good spin.

It was just a Pokémon joke... cry

And why do you think The Lost City Of Z is a confusing title?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksander Idziak
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they've changed title because campaign Lost City of Z is now only a part of expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awww man! Q4??? I was hoping it would be sooner!!! Cant wait for this, im sure this one will be incredible. RC is in my top 5 favourite games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan E
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Arythea
mbmbmbmbmb
No app, pls!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Adams
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Antoine - I enjoyed your Pokemon reference .
Aleksander - I agree... The Lost City of Z will be the campaign for the game it sounds like however, it sounds like we'll be able to utilize some of the changes/rules from this campaign in the base game as well so... rather than Portal saying, "this is The Lost City of Z campaign" they are saying "Here's the Mystery Tales expansion that you can use to add stuff to the base game... and btw, there's a campaign called The Lost City of Z!"

I enjoy the route I think they're going with this as the expansion has more replay-ability outside the 'Lost City of Z' campaign... I haven't played Voyage of the Beagle yet but I imagine most of the stuff in that campaign can't really be incorporated into the base game except for things like the crew cards, the missionary character, etc. This one seems like its adding actual, additional rules, mechanics, etc.

Just my thoughts (and hopes)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antoine Fibula
France
Toulouse
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrumDuder8 wrote:
Antoine - I enjoyed your Pokemon reference .

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Drubbel
Belgium
Aartselaar
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GlobeTrotting wrote:
Hoping this is compatible with the old editions!

I asked that same question on FB and Ignacy himself answered with a 'yes'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Adams
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep!
There is really no difference in the old and new editions (game play is the same). They are the SAME game w/ a few minor visual and symbolical tweaks. I think people get caught up on the "rules change" of the new edition however, it is more of a re-wording & tidying than an actual change in the rules.

That being said... I like to be matchy-matchy with my games so, if you are OCD like I am, I'd recommend picking up the latest edition for the new expansion for, if nothing else, "box cover cohesiveness" (<-- Is this even a thing?!?! lol). I'm still waiting for VoTB to be reprinted so I can purchase that to add to the collection... that's how OCD I am about matching old/new versions (same thing as pandemic... it works but may not match very well).

Can't Wait!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dandelion
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
Dandelion, Dandelion
badge
and more Dandelion
mb
This system is so fun and immersive that it's the only game that I will auto buy expansions for without waiting for reviews.

but, really hope this doesn't mean that Stronghold: Undead will be put on hold for the remainder of the year. I've been waiting for that for a while. You can do it Ignacy! Thank you for your delightful designs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristiano
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well,Ignacy avoided wisely the Cthulhu ambientation, but I am pretty sure that when this expansion will came out, it will be a strong base for a ton of Cthulhu fan-made expansions!

Pretty sure...

At least one...since I will try to do it by myself... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.