Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Wasserman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. May a family claim the same prize more than once?
2. If the same family may claim the same prize more than once and the prize has a permanent benefit, is the benefit cumulative? For example, the Investment Bank pays 1 for every 5 it has at the start of attrition. If a family has two cubes on the Investment Bank, does it get 2 for every 5?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
mbmbmbmbmb
mfwesq wrote:
1. May a family claim the same prize more than once?
2. If the same family may claim the same prize more than once and the prize has a permanent benefit, is the benefit cumulative? For example, the Investment Bank pays 1 for every 5 it has at the start of attrition. If a family has two cubes on the Investment Bank, does it get 2 for every 5?

1. Absolutely.
2. Hurm. I'm going to guess no. What is the exact text on the card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wasserman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having gone through all the prizes, I think only the Investment Bank is doubtful. It reads: "After Attrition, gain 1 for every 5 in your Family Treasury."

The House of Commons reads: "During vote on a law, gain one vote per cube." Assuming that "cube" means "your Family cube on this card", it seems expressly cumulative, which would imply that the Investment Bank is not cumulative. (I suppose "cube" might mean "your Family's shipyard and factory cube", but that seems over-powered.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
mbmbmbmbmb
mfwesq wrote:
I haven't gone through all the prizes, but here are couple:

The Investment Bank reads: "After Attrition, gain 1 for every 5 in your Family Treasury."

The House of Commons reads: "During vote on a law, gain one vote per cube." (I assume that "cube" means "your Family cube on this card", which is expressly cumulative. I suppose it might mean "shipyard and factory cube", though that seems over-powered.)

Yeah. Not sure. I'd play Investment Bank as "If you have at least 1 cube here, after Attrition, gain 1 for every 5 in your Family Treasury."

But House of Commons mechanically and thematically is definitely cumulative and I would suspect only relating to cubes in "The House of Commons".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
You can place multiple cubes on the investment bank and the benefit does indeed stack.

Good question. I'll add it to the faq.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Norrish
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As quoted above, the card says “after attrition” but the rules say that these returns happen in personal revenue phase (somewhat earlier). Which is right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Bennett
United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
michaeln wrote:
As quoted above, the card says “after attrition” but the rules say that these returns happen in personal revenue phase (somewhat earlier). Which is right?

You ever hear back on this one? The rulebook mentions the investment bank happening in the Trade phase, but the bank itself says after attrition. The timing of that is actually important, as if the card is correct then you could get the payout of it right after the phase you put your first cube there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
pusherman42 wrote:
michaeln wrote:

You ever hear back on this one? The rulebook mentions the investment bank happening in the Trade phase, but the bank itself says after attrition. The timing of that is actually important, as if the card is correct then you could get the payout of it right after the phase you put your first cube there.

Good question. The rule under G2 is a reminder that players may get revenue as described on the card. For the "investment bank" this means it comes after attrition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.