Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Strong
United States
Ocala
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So there are four of us that play pretty often. I own a Typhon all in pledge, so have decided to create a tournament. My hope is to build on this over multiple “seasons,” and to possibly gain new players over the course of it. This rules set will be used for season 1, and will grow, and adapt over time depending on how it turns out. Here’s what we’re using for season 1:

Destroying units nets:

1 point units = 1 VP

2-3 point units = 2 VP

4-5 point units = 3 VP

Killing a god = 4 VP

Absorbing omphalos = 1 VP

A victory = 2 VP

Home field advantage means that team gets to select map played on. Visitor gets to select deployment zone.

After round one, free agency will open up. Trades are allowed, but if it causes a team to go over their salary cap of 18 recruitment points (RP), then that team must fire another unit to get back under cap. At that point, they can sign a cheaper free agent to take its place. If a trade causes a team to be under the cap, then that team must sign a new unit to bring its total to 18 RP.

A team is allowed to cut one unit between weeks and hire a new unit to take its place.

Each team will play each other team twice.

Each owner will create a name for their team. A theme is encouraged for team creation, but not required.

At the end of the season, there will be a playoff system. The top team will face the team with the least points. The two other teams will square off. The top two teams will get a 2 point home field advantage along with choosing which map to fight on.

The two winners will then square off in a best of three championship tournament. Points will no longer be used at this point. Instead, it’s an all or nothing to win. To win you must kill your opponents god or absorb 4 omphalos as normal rules state. First to win two matchups is the victor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Aikens
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So my biggest question would be, why have a dedicated team for the whole season? There is a lot of fun and meta game in the draft and trying to counter your team against a group of other teams is really hard...plus, different units are suited really well for some maps and terrible for another. I would suggest, if you want to play different maps, having one person pick the map and then the other person pick the deploy zones (like you said) but hen have a draft so the players have a chance to counter draft and play to the strengths of the map.

Then again...I love the draft and the meta game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good thinking went into this!
However I would maybe simplify the VP to:
- Killing a unit: Gain VP equal to its RP (counts for all units including deities)
- Absorbing an Omphalo: 2 VP

Victory should not award any points, as you already either get at least 2 VP more than your opponent for absorbing 4 Omphalos or you get at least 6 Points for killing a god!

So the absolute maximum you can get is for a total whipeout of the enemy and absorbing 3 Omphalos: 18+6=24 VP

With this it's also possible to actually win a game (absobing 4 Omphalos =8 VP) but still scoring less than the opponent if they killed more of your units... I think this would bias the game towards killing the god and using Omphalos only for bonus VP. not sure if this is in the spirit of the game.

but besides that, I totally love the idea of tournament/organized play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.