Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Rising Sun» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Very brief description of the only strategy that mattered to me in my game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Slater
msg tools
mb
I won again in a three-person game by double-downing on the seppuku strategy. My forces were trained in the ways of seppuku TWICE in the first round so they would extract two extra victory points in pity each time they did themselves in. I also poured my war economy into poetry, so that the epic poems about my fallen soldiers would bring my clan extra honor and victory points. My strategy was to look for other clans' monsters and go up against them with dinky seppuku experts - ensuring their desire to seppuku themselves all over the place in the face of Oni on the battlefield.

Fun Game. Would play again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

"seppuku experts", eh?

I can see visualize how they got their training already.

"Ok guys, listen up! Now, pay attention, because I'm only going to show you this ONCE!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksander Zav
Ukraine
Kharkov
Kharkov
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Holman
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmb
Monty Python, what would my life be without you!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
Seems like the Loki strategy syndrome again.

What a shame - I was really hoping the game will not suffer from that problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Slater
msg tools
mb
To be sure:

- This was in a game with my wife and 7 year old daughter
- Daughter was taking lots of Oni / Monsters
- I was play-acting that my clan would act tough and pick fights with monsters, then kill themselves when actually facing monsters
- This strategy would likely be countered easily by players familiar with how the game works
- My 7yr old is great with game mechanics, not so much with strategy / tactics

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Billman
msg tools
I've used this strategy myself against my wife and daughter. They caught on and focused on denying me money where possible to ensure I could be outbid on the sepukku, which is funny then when I win by force because I lost sepukku and they sack their dudes ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hodgson
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don Sombrero wrote:
Seems like the Loki strategy syndrome again.

What a shame - I was really hoping the game will not suffer from that problem.

Totally. Obviously degenerate and imba. Fancy selling your pledge?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hodgson
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
archivomancer wrote:
I've used this strategy myself against my wife and daughter. They caught on and focused on denying me money where possible to ensure I could be outbid on the sepukku, which is funny then when I win by force because I lost sepukku and they sack their dudes ninja

They can win Seppuku and decline to kill their units if they want. Might be a sensible move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.