Urbino» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Urbino puzzle rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dieter Stein
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
I'm developing an Urbino AI currently. In one of the matches (standard rules) the machine (dark pieces) showed me in a nice way that it's working correctly.

Score 14-19, Dark to move and win.

Spoiler (click to reveal)

f2-i1:i2, which leaves us with no more moves, which means: pass, pass and Dark wins with 14-20. Simple, but it illustrates Urbino's sudden death feature.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Swanger
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! I would love to play this AI. My set has yet to arrive from Germany and I currently have no one to play with. :-(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Swanger
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If playing with monuments, Light would be leading in the first diagram 22-19, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dieter Stein
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
qswanger wrote:
If playing with monuments, Light would be leading in the first diagram 22-19, correct?

Correct!

I'm diligently working on my website update with playable games. Stay tuned!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I. M.
msg tools
oh! That's really nice, an AI to play against, I will try it for sure!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Swanger
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Upon seeing these diagrams I think I will have to get some wood stain markers and make a light checkered pattern on my Gerhards board in order to better visualize the architects' diagonal line-of-sight building lot possibilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.