3 Posts

Cytosis: A Cell Biology Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Enzyme goal overpowered? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Povilas Šimonis
Lithuania
flag msg tools
Hello, am I alone who thinks that Enzymes are malfunctioning? They are much easier to produce + different enzymes stack to make additional points. If enzyme goal is added to this, we get instant win. I played ~8 already with all combinations from 2 to 5 players and atleast 5 games were won by the one who was collecting enzymes. The problem is that the only efficient way to block such pathway is to collect enzymes yourself, thus making you and your opponent struggling for enzymes. Such twist usually makes pretty nice opportunity for the other players for more efficient production through hormones. Any ideas? Last two games I got 21-26 extra points from enzymes excluding the Health which I got by making them.

Best regards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexey Bychenkov
msg tools
mbmbmb
Honestly the only way to fight an enzyme tactic is to just buy and enzymes by yourself. They give a lot of benefit resource efficient: a full set costs 10 protein + 3 carbonhydrates + 10 ATP which at the end of the game gives you 34 points total, and +10 points wether there is an enzyme goal.

If you want thw same result with steroid hormone, for instance, for 32 total points you'll have to pay 11 lypids, 4 carbonhydrates and 10 atp. But you must take 3 actions for each card.

Same with proteins, just change lypids with protein resource. And again - you'll have to take 3 turns per card.

Every one of those also has to be paid with resources that are hard to get (competition wise). But the gap with the 2 more actions to evaluate the card is huge. The only thing you must do before making an enzyme is to take a "free ribosome" action to convert mRNA into proteins. Not to mention that there may be a vesicule competition in hormone/receptor race.

I think the best homerule for enzymes would be to ban an enzyme goal card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Povilas Šimonis
Lithuania
flag msg tools
Well I really agree on enzyme goal card;]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.