Empires of the Void II» Forums » Rules

Subject: Different Allies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ruben Diem
msg tools
mbmbmb
I have a question about the empire card DIVERSE

Text: Have recruited at least one unit from 3 different allies.

Does this include also your own ally?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rubininio wrote:

It means recruited units from three different planets. Your own starfarers don't count, but anything which you were allowed to recruit because you had an ally token does. It doesn't matter whether you still have that ally token or not, only whether you've recruited the units.

I'd assume that if you're playing the optional scenario from the back of the rulebook, the Ithric Drones probably count as well, although that's up for debate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Gabbert
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rubininio wrote:

If you mean Starfarers and Starsloops, those aren't allies; those are your people.

My question is slightly different:
If you have one Empire card that rewards you for having recruited units from three different allies, and another card that rewards you for having recruited from two different allies, do you have to have recruited from five different allies to satisfy both cards or can they overlap (i.e., fulfilling the 3 allies card automatically fulfills the 2 allies card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Diem
msg tools
mbmbmb
Good question!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hoffman
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mgabbert wrote:
If you have one Empire card that rewards you for having recruited units from three different allies, and another card that rewards you for having recruited from two different allies, do you have to have recruited from five different allies to satisfy both cards or can they overlap (i.e., fulfilling the 3 allies card automatically fulfills the 2 allies card?

Had both of these in a game yesterday. Presumably each Empire card would be evaluated independently from any other Empire card. Thus, assumed that by recruiting from 3 different allies, I also achieved recruiting from 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

IMVHO, yes they can overlap. You just have luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gaudium wrote:
mgabbert wrote:

Had both of these in a game yesterday. Presumably each Empire card would be evaluated independently from any other Empire card. Thus, assumed that by recruiting from 3 different allies, I also achieved recruiting from 2.

This is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.