5 Posts

Firefly: The Game» Forums » General

Subject: Western Legends rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thorfinn Skullsplitter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Been seeing this on the pop up adds here on BGG for a couple of weeks or so, but didn't check it out, until finally I did.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kolossalgames/western-l...

Looks like a neat little game. Mechanically, it functions very familiarly to Firefly. It's a sandbox, and you have a certain number of actions you can do each turn. You can choose a life of crime, or the Law, or something in-between. You don't put together a crew, it's just you, but it does have that "lite RPG" vibe. You move around on the map, buy gear, have adventures, etc.

Lot's of potential for customization - you know that's where my brain's going - particularly in adapting characters from fiction, as it's obviously something the publishers can't do because of licensing. I could see all our favorite Western themed Sci-Fi heroes ported over with ease. Mal, Nandi, Han - or Indy?

I know the Kickstarter has closed, but worth checking out, and maybe keeping an eye open for. I know sometimes they open these up for late pledges, and obviously, it'll be in stores eventually.

On BGG
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/232405/western-legends
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Already backed this ... meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorfinn Skullsplitter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool.

Need to get some Firefly projects finished and off the bench in order to start reverse-engineering the cards from this when it arrives. devil

Then, all custom heck breaks loose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carter J Burke
msg tools
mbmbmb
I had the same thought too about Western Legends transporting into the Firefly universe. Depending on how good the new Firefly browncoat miniatures game is, there’s the models.

“Outstanding. Now all we need is a deck of cards.” (Oops wrong franchise)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorfinn Skullsplitter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, there are cards for this one sure enough.

I'm not sure how portable the WL characters are into Firefly, as they're simply the historical figures from the Ancient West, or at the least, their 'legendary caricatures', which, to be fair, for most of them aren't really caricatures at all. The miniatures certainly will have applications in B&B, maybe not as playable crew (because there's only one version of them), but as thugs and various other NPCs. They refer to them as 34mm scale, so I'm not at all sure how close that is to B&B. Probably close enough?

But if you're looking to add minis to B&B, Reaper Miniatures has several that would work, and they're pretty cheap. I can't vouch for the scale, as I haven't held the B&B figs yet.

...yet.

Two by two, hands of blue?

EVA Suit?

Yeah, they went there. They went there poorly, but they went there.

Meeting with Mr. Black's representative?

Well, you get the picture. Lots of options for either game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.