Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Sadler
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
‘Morning, officers. Here’s today’s briefing:

Each cop in Brook City tackles the dangerous, crime-infested streets in their own way, and their methods are represented by a unique deck of cop cards. Players use their cop decks to bust crimes, solve the case, and keep the suspect in check so he doesn’t gain too much influence with the Syndicate.

Cop decks consist of a character card, containing their default action or ability, as well as their stress value. A cop’s stress value indicates how much stress that cop can suffer before getting fired—causing all cops to lose the game. In addition to the character card, there are three other types of cards in each cop deck; encounter cards, tactic cards, and ability cards. Encounter cards are used to encounter targets, such as crimes, suspects, or clues throughout the city. Tactic cards are played into a cop’s play area and stay in play, providing permanent enhancements to that cop. Finally, ability cards allow cops to perform special abilities during their turn.

Typically a cop can play only one card per turn, so they must choose carefully which card to play at which point during the game. At the end of each of their turns, a cop will draw a new cop card from their deck to provide the cop new options for their next turn.

That’s it for this briefing! Feel free to let us know what you think about the cop cards and look for more previews coming soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Riggs looks good! Definitely has my interest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the cards. The art style of this game is great, too. I also REALLY like the possibility of all players losing if a partner gets too stressed/fired. I've been enjoying alternate lose conditions lately; it forces players to juggle the worth of multiple things at once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Williams
Wales
Ammanford
Carmarthenshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Surely a cop getting fired is merely motivation to get the job done. Nothing left to lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Love the illustrations and graphic design. Looking forward to seeing more of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Mathews
msg tools
mb
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:
I like the cards. The art style of this game is great, too. I also REALLY like the possibility of all players losing if a partner gets too stressed/fired. I've been enjoying alternate lose conditions lately; it forces players to juggle the worth of multiple things at once.

I like this idea, but maybe have a large modifier for each case or suspect that makes the game harder if a cop goes off the deep end.

Could dull the prospect of playing as "sacrifices", ignoring your stress level completely as a mechanic to build up the most clues/hunches possible and leave it for the last player to stroll to victory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hello there
msg tools
mb
could there be a competetive/rivals mode where the cops are competing with each other to be the one to bring down the Syndicate and get the glory/promotion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.