Hide
4 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rogues Copy powers question. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Sully
msg tools
When using Rogues Copy Powers does that mean I can play the Superpower of the copied card again if I already used it? In the rule book it says, You can only use a card’s Superpower once, even if you played two or more cards of the required hero class earlier in the turn. but is that negated because its a Rogue power not the original cards power?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
So Rogue's "Copy Powers" is like basically playing another copy of a card you have previously played that also now has the covert symbol (if it already didn't). So yes you get to use the ability on that card again.

What the rule book is saying about using a superpower only once is say her "Energy Drain" card. It has a covert trigger to be able to KO a card and gain a recruit point. You can't play 3 covert cards in front of it and trigger that superpower 3 times. You only get to use it once.

So the difference is you are in essence playing another copy with "Copy Powers" so this doesn't technically break that rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sully
msg tools
Ok cool, thanks, so as a follow up say I had 2 energy drain cards and I met the requirement for the first its fine to use the same on the second?

I recently got the game and wanted to make sure I play it right as it's mostly solo for now and wanted to make sure I wasn't overdoing abilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TheSullster wrote:
Ok cool, thanks, so as a follow up say I had 2 energy drain cards and I met the requirement for the first its fine to use the same on the second?

I recently got the game and wanted to make sure I play it right as it's mostly solo for now and wanted to make sure I wasn't overdoing abilities.

Correct. Class triggers before a colon represent a threshold, not a resource. They are not "spent." Dark City on, certain class-trigger abilities require multiple copies of a single class or even a mix of different classes (see Nightcrawler's uncommon "Swashbuckler.")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls