Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pablo Román
Spain
Valencia
Valencia
flag msg tools
mb

We believe we know the history of the Earth, but there are secrets that lie hidden beyond our perception, and truths that threaten to disrupt our conception of the universe. When the renowned historian Alejandro Vela discovers one of these secrets -the ruins of an ancient forgotten Aztec city-, a plan is put into motion that could undo the fabric of time.

In The Forgotten Era, 1 to 4 investigators join an expedition to explore these ruins, venturing into dangerous jungles and forbidden caverns. Will they survive this dangerous journey or will it be their end? This expansion contains the first two scenarios of the campaign The forgotten era, as well as new researchers and player cards that increase the options of personalization of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Leafman
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yig?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy (Other Amy)
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Wow! I would also bet Yig. That could be a lot of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Would not expect a possible Yig expansion next. Very exciting! It should be announced within the next week or two, if we're following previous patterns from news announcements.

Monterey Jack HAS to be an investigator in this expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Leafman
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wyndam22 wrote:
Wow! Would not expect a possible Yig expansion next. Very exciting! It should be announced within the next week or two, if we're following previous patterns from news announcements.

Leo Anderson seems pretty likely, too. Probably a Guardian. Maybe Ursula Downs as well.

I’ve got my fingers crossed we get Diana Stanley, too. She starts in roughly that area in Eldritch Horror.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daniela Reyes (new Investigator in the next EH box) seems possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CaiusDrewart wrote:
Wyndam22 wrote:

Leo Anderson seems pretty likely, too. Probably a Guardian. Maybe Ursula Downs as well.

I’ve got my fingers crossed we get Diana Stanley, too. She starts in roughly that area in Eldritch Horror.

I wonder if we would get so many explorer themed investigators in this expansion or just 1-2 themed investigators like with Carcosa (Lola and Minh)?

If all 3 are in, I would place them this way:

Guardian --> Ursula Downs (pattern dictates we get a female Guardian next)
Seeker --> Monterey Jack (again, should get a male next)

As for Leo, he could work for Guardian or Survivor, but I think we are overdue for a female Survivor next, so I am not sure where to place him.

FFG could break the male/female pattern (like they did with Jenny --> Sefina and Pete --> Yorrick), so Leo could be Guardian and Ursula becomes our Survivor?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmb
Possibly we'll see Preston Fairmont to provide the funds for such an outlandish expedition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
flag msg tools
Flattery is the…
badge
…currency of the court
mbmbmbmbmb
chemicalroman wrote:

Box looks kinda ugly. Not a fan of the theme either. But who knows, I hope there will be new mechanics that are not just nuances of what we’ve seen before.

I might sit out this cycle, until it’s complete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Esgaldil wrote:
Daniela Reyes (new Investigator in the next EH box) seems possible.

I think this is highly likely. She is the only investigator to not be in at least 2 games at this point. She'll either show here, Mansions, or Elder Sign.

I would say it will be whichever has a new investigator release first (this?).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CaiusDrewart wrote:
Yig?

Could be Tsathoggua.
Or even his uncle Hziulquoigmnzhah.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy (Other Amy)
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Huitzilopotchli (from "The Transition of Juan Romero") would be directly on point as well, but I can't recall if Lovecraft ever returned to the Aztecs after that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pickman
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This has gotten me super excited all over again.

IS IT APRIL YET??????
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Leafman
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Carthoris wrote:
CaiusDrewart wrote:
Yig?

Could be Tsathoggua.

“Any time a player says Hziulquoigmnzhah’s name during setup or gameplay, he or she immediately takes five Horror...”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pickman
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CaiusDrewart wrote:
Carthoris wrote:
CaiusDrewart wrote:
Yig?

Could be Tsathoggua.

“Any time a player says Hziulquoigmnzhah’s name during setup or gameplay, he or she immediately takes five Horror...”

No worries. That won't happen very often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sebastianmarkow wrote:
chemicalroman wrote:

Box looks kinda ugly. Not a fan of the theme either. But who knows, I hope there will be new mechanics that are not just nuances of what we’ve seen before.

The purple background is a little jarring but the theme is awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carthoris wrote:
CaiusDrewart wrote:
Yig?

Could be Tsathoggua.

Would that make Norman, with his Livre d'Eibon, a likely candidate then? I don't know much about that part of the mythos but I understand Eibon is associated with Tsathoggua.

Marie, on the other hand, seems less likely.

It says 5 investigators, so no neutral this time, unless they do something really weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
flag msg tools
Flattery is the…
badge
…currency of the court
mbmbmbmbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:
sebastianmarkow wrote:
chemicalroman wrote:

The purple background is a little jarring but the theme is awesome.

That‘s brown/red ninja

Carcosa was purple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Chris Miller
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ursula....Give me URSULA!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pickman
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coyotemoon722 wrote:
Ursula....Give me URSULA!!!

"You can't get something for nothing, you know." --Ursula whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Aha, I did at least get the colour right!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hamish Buchanan
msg tools
CSerpent wrote:
Carthoris wrote:
CaiusDrewart wrote:
Yig?

Could be Tsathoggua.

Would that make Norman, with his Livre d'Eibon, a likely candidate then? I don't know much about that part of the mythos but I understand Eibon is associated with Tsathoggua.

Marie, on the other hand, seems less likely.

It says 5 investigators, so no neutral this time, unless they do something really weird.

See, I would have said Norman was unlikely. A lot of people seem pretty confident that Monterey Jack will appear, and he strikes me as primarily a seeker-type. But you could be right too. Guess we’ll have to wait and see.

I’d LIKE Marie to be in this box, since she’s the only investigator I don’t own, but I understand that she wouldn’t really fit the theme (not that they all need to).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yury M
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greatsageishere wrote:

I’d LIKE Marie to be in this box, since she’s the only investigator I don’t own, but I understand that she wouldn’t really fit the theme (not that they all need to).

It was unofficially confirmed by FFG that Maria will be NOT part of next deluxe set (for markering reasons).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hamish Buchanan
msg tools
Wyndam22 wrote:
CaiusDrewart wrote:
Wyndam22 wrote:

I wonder if we would get so many explorer themed investigators in this expansion or just 1-2 themed investigators like with Carcosa (Lola and Minh)?

Lola and Minh aren’t the only investigators who fit the Carcosa theme. Mark pretty clearly has a mental illness (PTSD). And Sefina is a Parisian artist, as are a number of the protagonists in The King in Yellow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hamish Buchanan
msg tools
yury1975 wrote:
Greatsageishere wrote:

It was unofficially confirmed by FFG that Maria will be NOT part of next deluxe set (for markering reasons).

Yeah? Shame. Can’t say as I’m surprised, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.