Philip Kielthy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools

Offend The World is the fast paced card game of languages and offence. Ever wanted to learn the swear words from around the world? Now is your chance to offend 3,200,000,000 people. Match the language or level of offence and be the first to get rid of all your cards. Make sure you look out for game changing special cards and remember to follow the rule cards! Oh, I almost forgot, you have to say the words as you play.

Launching 6th February - 4pm GMT/11am EST/8am PST

Check out our Kickstarter PREVIEW page. All the details are on there and I am happy to get feedback.

WARNING: OVER 18s ONLY!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/philobit/361935134?ref=...

How many can you offend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Kielthy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools

Photo of the samples

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rowse
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope - everything after the ? gets eaten by BGG, so that link won't work. You need to use a link shortener, like:

http://kck.st/2GvDny2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacq L
New Zealand
flag msg tools
What are YOU lookin at?
badge
poof
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm more offended by the transcriptions and lack of research than the actual words, tbh. (Though that will change if you have racial epitaphs in there that you just aren't showing to avoid KS's rules). I would suggest having these looked over by native speakers, as they kind of just look like you threw things into googl translate and took the responses at face value.

e.g.
One of the Bengali examples actually translates to "I eat shit." (how is that an insult?) And you've used a transliteration of the English sound "sh-i-t" (শিট) rather than the actual Bengali word for poop (মল - mala). That's like saying the Japanese word for "stupid" is スチューピッド (sutiyupido).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
Jacqland wrote:
I'm more offended by the transcriptions and lack of research than the actual words, tbh. (Though that will change if you have racial epitaphs in there that you just aren't showing to avoid KS's rules). I would suggest having these looked over by native speakers, as they kind of just look like you threw things into googl translate and took the responses at face value.

e.g.
One of the Bengali examples actually translates to "I eat shit." (how is that an insult?) And you've used a transliteration of the English sound "sh-i-t" (শিট) rather than the actual Bengali word for poop (মল - mala). That's like saying the Japanese word for "stupid" is スチューピッド (sutiyupido).

Maybe the point is to be offensively poorly researched?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Santiago Pérez-Bergquist
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It’s a goddamn Uno ripoff with fucking profanity on every bloody card, piss-poor translations, and a shitty campaign page with assloads of images.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
That;s not offensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Kielthy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
KAndrw wrote:
Nope - everything after the ? gets eaten by BGG, so that link won't work. You need to use a link shortener, like:

http://kck.st/2GvDny2

Thank you for sorting the link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Kielthy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Jacqland wrote:

e.g.

Hey, Thanks for taking the time to look at my page. You are right that some of the languages need a bit more work. I have planned in the budget to have the languages for which I do not know any native speakers to be looked over professionally. I will update the Bengali on the page. I have done a lot more than just the Google translate research for all of the words and the final game will be 100% correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Kielthy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Santiago wrote:
It’s a goddamn Uno ripoff with fucking profanity on every bloody card, piss-poor translations, and a shitty campaign page with assloads of images.

I want to state for the record that Offend The World is significantly different to Uno.

The whole idea of the game is to have the profanity on every card so glad you picked up on that, trying to say them is a lot of fun.

Would you prefer a campaign page to have a lot more text on it? I always thought images were the best way to get the product across well? Which bits don't you like?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Santiago Pérez-Bergquist
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Philobit wrote:
Would you prefer a campaign page to have a lot more text on it? I always thought images were the best way to get the product across well? Which bits don't you like?

Lots of images showing off the product is good, but text describing it works better as text instead of as part of an image because text loads faster, is searchable, and can be resized or read by screen-reading software.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Kielthy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Santiago wrote:
Philobit wrote:

Lots of images showing off the product is good, but text describing it works better as text instead of as part of an image because text loads faster, is searchable, and can be resized or read by screen-reading software.

Thanks. That makes a lot of sense. I will look at texting out some of the sections and see how it looks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.