Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris K
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thought I'd ask Asmodee when Parade is going to get a reprint and got this response:

Thank you for contacting us with your inquiry. We suggest that you keep your eyes on our news (https://www.zmangames.com/en/news/) and upcoming (https://www.zmangames.com/en/upcoming/) web pages as that is where we announce all latest information regarding the releases and reprints of our games!

Our News and Upcoming pages are where we make all of our announcements on reprints and releases and I am unable to give you any more information.

What a let down... zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
Dunno what's new. I've never seen Asmodee give any info about reprints.

In any case, the game should not be too hard to find.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, okay. My first time contacting Asmodee and I'm not familiar with their business practices. Just thought there might be others like me who wanted to know what Parade's status is or if anyone has asked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Busick
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, the only copy of Parade I can find for sale is on Amazon. But it lists for $70! Yikes and Berries! Why don't they just reprint the darn thing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found it in-stock at mindgames.ca. It costs $26 (shipping included) from Canada to California.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aelfric Brewer
msg tools
mbmbmb
i will be putting together a set of cards on artscow that will be compatible with the parade rules. it will use only public domain (pre-copyright) john tenniel illustrations, with no rules, to avoid any possible infringement of anyone's intellectual property. it should be ready in a week or so; i can let you know when it is.

[update] the beta version is ready to print and check for detail errors. i'll be ordering some by the end of the week. link is in the artscow list. https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/40596/item/6050216#item60...

i might switch the black and red.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aelfric Brewer
msg tools
mbmbmb
aelfric_brewer wrote:
i will be putting together a set of cards on artscow that will be compatible with the parade rules. it will use only public domain (pre-copyright) john tenniel illustrations, with no rules, to avoid any possible infringement of anyone's intellectual property. it should be ready in a week or so; i can let you know when it is.

[update] the beta version is ready to print and check for detail errors. i'll be ordering some by the end of the week. link is in the artscow list. https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/40596/item/6050216#item60...

I ordered a test printing of cards, with Tenniel pre copyright pictures and numbers, no rules/text. I'll post pictures when I have them on hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trev Dev
msg tools
Any update? Would love to find a way to get another copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Keep an eye on the Geek Market. It looks like copies have been popping up for $10 pretty consistently every few weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aelfric_brewer wrote:
aelfric_brewer wrote:

I ordered a test printing of cards, with Tenniel pre copyright pictures and numbers, no rules/text. I'll post pictures when I have them on hand.

Thanks, Aelfric. I saw your post in a PnP thread and was marveling at the job you did. The cards look great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aelfric Brewer
msg tools
mbmbmb
i decided i didn't like the white artifact around the white rabbit image, so i changed that one to a lilac background instead. i kept the mad tea party for the backs, even though you can see a similar artifact on that image too.

i think i have one extra copy of the white rabbit/white background proof deck if anyone local (DC/NoVa) needs a copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Rococo_Zephyr wrote:
Keep an eye on the Geek Market. It looks like copies have been popping up for $10 pretty consistently every few weeks.

All I see right now are $45+ listings.

Is this definitely getting a reprint? It's listed as "at the printer" on Zman's site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
rilos wrote:
Rococo_Zephyr wrote:

Is this definitely getting a reprint? It's listed as "at the printer" on Zman's site.

It does happen (https://boardgamegeek.com/geekmarket/saleitem/1048121) but it looks like since I posted the going rate is more like $20-30. You can always send a message to a seller asking for a lower price and definitely check BGG auctions as well.

As for the Zman status... ask Arboretum how much that means. Hint: not much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Rococo_Zephyr wrote:
rilos wrote:
Rococo_Zephyr wrote:

It does happen (https://boardgamegeek.com/geekmarket/saleitem/1048121) but it looks like since I posted the going rate is more like $20-30. You can always send a message to a seller asking for a lower price and definitely check BGG auctions as well.

As for the Zman status... ask Arboretum how much that means. Hint: not much.

I know Arboretum ended up with another publisher - I just discovered that myself the other day as I was looking to buy a copy. I see there was quite a bit of upset over it being out of print for so long when Zman had it. But did that ever say "at the printer" on Zman's site and then not release? I would imagine now that Parade says it's currently being printed, then a re-release is imminent, but then I'm not familiar with Zman's tactics.

I sent Zman an email asking about a reprint so hopefully we'll hear something back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Well the reply didn't give anything concrete:

"Thanks for reaching out! The Upcoming page has all available information. When it moves along the schedule, estimates for release dates become more clear. Keep an eye on that page for any updates!"

So does this mean it's indeed in the process of printing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
A follow-up email from Asmodee said:

"If an item says its at the printer then we have approved it for a reprint and it is currently in the queue at the factory. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact us again!"

So it sounds like a reprint should be on the way at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rilos wrote:

"If an item says its at the printer then we have approved it for a reprint and it is currently in the queue at the factory. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact us again!"

Thanks for the update, rilos! I was just about to make a custom deck when I saw that on Z-Man's page. Here's hoping we see a new printing of Parade before 2019.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
gidorah wrote:
rilos wrote:

Thanks for the update, rilos! I was just about to make a custom deck when I saw that on Z-Man's page. Here's hoping we see a new printing of Parade before 2019.

You're welcome! Yeah, I'm looking at it for a gift for Christmas, so I really hope this hits the market in time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benson Wolfe
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We just play Parade with a Rage deck. Works great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
I like the art in Parade, and the Alice in Wonderland theme should appeal to my girlfriend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.