Star Trek: Frontiers – The Return of Khan» Forums » General

Subject: Any thought? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gene Selfish
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the expansion has been out for a few days now and some people are already playing it, I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts to share.
I'd be particularly interested in the challenge level of this expansion... I'm intrigued by the new challenge deck although it doesn't sound like a real game changer, but that coupled with the combat/race levels of the Khan scenarios should definitely allow for a harder solo/coop game.
Any feedback?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
View Star Trek: Frontiers – The Return of Khan Details on SGOYT Aggregator

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry R
msg tools
Hello,

The expansion is really good - specifically because of the enhanced challenge.

As fun as the base game is, the only way you can lose is to run out of time in the scenario. The introduction of Khan as a hostile presence that not only must be defeated by the end of the scenario but also can win the scenario outright enhances the difficulty significantly.

I haven't had a chance to try out the Challenge Deck yet, but I'm sure it will be a nice tool to enhance the game's replayability / longevity.

The Enterprise-A is really fun to play as, and each of the ships in the base game gets a new action card in their starting deck and 2 new skill tokens. The new Enemy Ship Tokens, Crew Members, and Advanced Action / Undiscovered Cards are excellent, also.

If you enjoyed the base "Frontiers" game, I highly recommend the expansion.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.