Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Shall we play a game?
badge
Shall we play a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
This seems stupid so I apologize now.

1 - If your party is all exhausted before you succeed you fail. Correct.

2 - If you fail you do not read the conclusion nor do any of the final steps. So the senario stays unlocked and uncomplete. Meaning you can just do it again right then?

3 - If #2 is YES then of course there is no road events?

4 - If #2 is YES do you have to travel back to Gloomhaven? Should you?

5 - If #2 is NO Then what? I guess #2 has to be yes. I guess it just seems like you could spend a lot of time just doing one senario over and over. Does this happen?

Thanks for your time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Correct, unless you decide to go back to town to buy items or whatever (or play a different scenario in between)
4. No, you do not have to. Should you depends on how it could benefit you (i.e. leveling up, etc.)
5. It could happen (and does occasionally), but the win rate is pretty high for most scenarios.

Also note that you can just choose to play a different scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John LaRuffa
United States
Hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, pray for us!
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, you keep all gold, treasure, loot and experience even if you fail. The only thing you don’t get is the bonuses at the end, the check marks for your one time character card goal and the completion mark for the scenario.

So, you get stronger and will eventually level up, no matter what. Personally, that is one of my favorite things about this game. Even if I wipe, I don’t lose most of what I gained in the scenario!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
#5 - I’ve failed scenario 18 twice in a row, even after turning down the difficulty. So yes, failure happens. Sometimes a lot.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
I hate Oozes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
3. you can re-try the scenario without having to do a road event because you are staying at the location (or perhaps setting up camp a short distance away while you rest and recover, then back into the fray).

4. you don't have to travel back to Gloomhaven, but you would have to return to town if you wanted to:
- buy new items (items used during the scenario, including potions, are refreshed automatically between scenarios, or multiple attempts at the same scenario, so you don't have to re-purchase anything, but if you wanted to buy something new),
- level up,
- create new characters, or
- donate to the sanctuary (to gain Bless cards)

If you do choose to go back to Gloomhaven, you will have to do another Road Event if/when you returned to re-attempt the scenario (unless that scenario is linked to Gloomhaven)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.