Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
chad dugas
United States
nevada city
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When building off of your federation, does your satellite count as part of your territory? In other words, can I build x amount of spaces away from a satellite and treat it as a planet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No, just the Swarms space stations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dante
United States
Katy
TX-Texas
flag msg tools
mb
chaddugas wrote:
When building off of your federation, does your satellite count as part of your territory? In other words, can I build x amount of spaces away from a satellite and treat it as a planet?

Pretty sure the satellite is just there to connect planets/buildings for your federation. You wouldn't be able to use them for distance reasons as if they were a planet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S
United States
Gloucester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Satellites only serve to link planets in a federation.

There isn't really the concept of territory in Gaia Project. Satellites do not define borders nor can they block other players. You are only allowed to place the minimum number of satellites needed to link the planets you group into a federation, you can't build extra ones to mark territory (since you have none) nor extend your build range (because they don't).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chad dugas
United States
nevada city
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you everybody. This community is amazing. Long live the Geek!

So loving Gaia Project, 5 two and three player games in and about 6 Solo games in.

The first game that I've ever truly enjoyed the Solo version! A great way to test the different race engines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
Qualm wrote:

There isn't really the concept of territory in Gaia Project. Satellites do not define borders nor can they block other players.
There's one exception where satellites DO block players from doing something: The Lost Planet cannot be placed on a hex which already has a satellite (or Schwarm space station) on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo P
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DocCool wrote:
Qualm wrote:

There isn't really the concept of territory in Gaia Project. Satellites do not define borders nor can they block other players.
There's one exception where satellites DO block players from doing something: The Lost Planet cannot be placed on a hex which already has a satellite (or Schwarm space station) on it.

Exactly, this is an often forgotten feature of the lost planet. As far as I know, this is literally the only way in GP to spoil alliances/federations of other players. If you see someone setting themselves up for a federation whose sattellite route leads through a bottleneck, you can close it up with the lost planet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.