3 Posts

Pendragon: The Fall of Roman Britain» Forums » Rules

Subject: Bot Civitates March Command rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Etienne Begin
Canada
flag msg tools
I am struggling with 8.7.3. I am able to select destinations. However moving pieces is difficult for me.

Can you move militia towards a destination without actually reaching it ? For example having many militia in the south, but having a target way up north ?

Can someone explain the below statement in other words and share an example of where it would apply ? Does this mean you cannot move troops from 2 originating regions into a single destination ?

“”Select first as origins those spaces whence the most Troops will
be able to reach the highest priority destination above where —-no Marching Troops will yet have arrived—“”

Thanks
Etienne
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
beginetienne wrote:
I am struggling with 8.7.3. I am able to select destinations. However moving pieces is difficult for me.

Can you move militia towards a destination without actually reaching it ?

No.

Quote:
Can someone explain the below statement in other words and share an example of where it would apply ? Does this mean you cannot move troops from 2 originating regions into a single destination ?

Not that you cannot do so, but that you should not do so as long as there are any other options available.

"First" in the bot flowcharts means "before trying anything else". It never means "only this".

Quote:
“”Select first as origins those spaces whence the most Troops will
be able to reach the highest priority destination above where —-no Marching Troops will yet have arrived—“”

The lines immediately before your quote says that you may select up to as many origin spaces as you have selected destinations. The part you quoted says that as long as possible, select each such origin space to reach - meaning "actually arrive in" - a different destination than the previous ones. If there are destinations that are out of reach from all possible origin spaces, any remaining origin spaces you are allowed to select instead send their Troops to one of the destinations that already have Troops moving to it.

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Etienne Begin
Canada
flag msg tools
Thanks for answering my question Oerjan. Your contributions to this forum are invaluable.

Etienne
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.